bipod needed

varmintx

ok fellers i'm looking for a harris (or will take suggestions) bipod for my savage striker i think it needs to be 6-9 inch model with the tilt(?) head. where have you found or seen the best deals on them. any help would be appreciated since everytime i go to one of the gun shops after driving 50+ miles they JUST SOLD IT or WE GOT ONE ON ORDER. yeah right ok let me have em, but be warned that i'm not getting on here as much as i have before so i may not answer right away if you have any ?'s for me. thanks, VX

varmintX

The bipod that I put on my recent gun was an Outers 9-13" bipod. In my opinion I think the Outers is just as good as a Harris, and is cheaper. I picked mine up on ebay but you can get them from Gander Mountain for aroudn $40. Definitely not a bad price for what you are getting.

Moe

thanks Moe, i will check it out. lator, ok i give up. all i can get is a sales add for a store in peoria ill. how do you find the bipods on their site?

come on fellers i know theres more then one user out there. i'm needing one pretty bad so i borrowed a 9"-13" and missed a yote twice this evening,course at 300 plus i didnt have to high a expectations. lol

in cabals mag. or online you can buy them i am looking at one myself.... did you look on ebay? they have them but you got to pay a little more for shipping

I went to the store today and they were 89.99 + tax= about 97.00 + shipping over 100.00....
cabelas they are about 93.00 + shipping.......hope that helps..stump
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eabco has those outter bipods right now for $39.95. They look identical to the Harris pods at 1/2 the price. I'm surprised a company can make something that close to some other companies product without stepping on patent rights and whatnot.

Before my son quite working at Gander Mountain he saw a notice that Outters bought out Harris.The only difference he could see was the screw to tighten the bipod to the gun.

Mike

I agree with you guys. Its basically exactly the same just half the price. You cant go wrong with an Outters bipod. Hope my info helped.

Moe

I've got a "spare" 6-9" model but it's not the swivel head. Let me know if you want it I'll sell it for a reasonable price....It has the screws that can set the legs at odd lengths. I find adjusting the legs as a better solution to leveling on an uneven surface than the swiveling head, especially for longer shots. The swivel head, now matter how tight you set the screw, seems to have some "wobble" in it and can result in the gun canting.

Roger

Those outers allmost look the same, but they dont feel the same. Use one and then the other, and you will feel the quality from harris.
outers is china junk.
just my 2 cents.

Harris lost their patent this year. I think you will see the price go down, and more companies will be making that type.

I use Versapods on all my rifles. I had a harris s (swivel) series and leaned on my rifle on stand one day and it snapped a leg in half.
I get several adapters so I can switch them in an instant to other rifles. Way cheaper and stronger. They are forged. They have a better finish than most. The finish matches high quality gun finishes. They tilt,pan,and turn in all directions. They are heavier than harris models but offer so much more. I use a sitting model so I can sit beneath a tree,lean back and relax.No shooting pose is necessary. I set the rifle up and rest the stock in my suit/shirt pocket. When I spot a yote,all I do is grasp the grip and aim.
Head and heals above the rest IMHO. jerryboy

now we are talking, thanks guys! i will check out the outers and the others. rodgerinneb email me at ripbaker@mcmo.net sorry about getting back to ya all but trout season opened yesturday. wind blew so hard i could not keep the line in the water. tally for the day 2 goggleye-2 perch-1 sucker, 2 counting me. does any one know about the ganders web sight? all i get is current sales junk, how do you get to the bipods in there? thanks again, VX

thanks for the offer timberman but this is just for a pistol that will be used off the truck or bench (maybe prone) so no thanks. maybe somebody else will jump in for it. VX

ok i guess i will order the harris in 6-9" swivel model since the outers dont seem to have one that short. the best price i found is at brunoshooters and they have them for $73+shipping. thanks again for all the advice and suggestions. VX

Back