Hunters Extreme Coppermelt? Anyone use?

ohiobassman

Saw an ad for this product on one of the outdoor channels, but I haven't found anyone who uses it. Just wondering if it is worth the money or if something cheaper will do the same thing. Their website makes some remarkable claims.

Thanks,
Tom

I have some on order, originally I should have had it by now but its made in Canada and something happened that the heat was turned off at the place and it was -40. The product was contaminated from the cold. When a lady from the company called the other day, she said the owner was in Las Vegas at the Shot Show and when he got back new orders would be filled and sent out next week.

As soon as I get mine and try it out I plan to put my review on here. We have had this discussion several times lately on here so you can do a search on it and get products that others are using.

Originally when I talked to the owner he told me this. Coppermelt is the most expensive product on the market, but it will be the least expensive to use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Looking forward to your report, Dave. If this stuff works like the propoganda says it does, it should be just the ticket.

Just received mine, ordered it back the first part of Jan. Called twice, got 2 different stories. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for the replies. This stuff is expensive, but if it does what it says might be worth it. Hard to believe that one product would do all of that.
I guess I'm just one of those people that is always looking for the easy way out. LOL

Tom

At those prices it had better clean my guns for me! $29.95 for 3.5 oz. + $7.50 for shipping!

I think I'll stick with Butch's/Montana X-Treme or Wipe Out.

Let us know how much you actually end up using....

Good Luck,

Bob

Cleaned my NMSBH after about 36 shots with Coppermelt. Two patches came out dirty, 3rd patch clean. Then ran a patch with Slip 200 Gun Lube, and it came out (not too) dirty. Then a patch with Hoppe's #9, came out clean. It seems to work, but I have to try some more before I have a real opinion. BUT it has a REAL strong ammonia odor that I sure don't like. I paid $45.00 for 8 oz. I wish I'd been smarter and bought a smaller amount. Hope this helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Barber, the reason you smell amonia is because that is probably the primary copper solvent. I doubt it will do a better job than Sweets for $7 a bottle that is amonia based and has been used by the accuracy nuts for years to remove copper. Do you think the price may have something to do with expensive television time?

Rick-mi; I didn't know this stuff was on tv. You're prob'ly right about the Sweet's. Some of us (me) have to be the suckers once in awhile to support these kinds of guys. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
'

Back