Marlin rimfire replacement trigger

km

I have a Marlin 882SS .22mag rifle that I use for groundhogg and other smaller varmints. I even used it for some short range night coyote hunting before I had something better. The gun is very accurate, but the trigger is poor. Has anyone tried the Rifle Basix Trigger on the marlin rimfire guns and what do you think of it. It is an expensive trigger but if it is good I would pay the money. the gun is good enough to be worth it.

Rifle Basix
1. Way good!
2. Way easy!
3. Way easy to get!

Both my Marlin 17VS and 882 SSV have them, you can get your pull down to 'bout as low as you feel is safe. You have to play with the screw settings and safety some, but it's winter, what else are you doing. No gunsmith, it just litterally drops in and then you adjust for as much little pull as you want. You can go too low, so be carefull but you know that working on any trigger!

I've got the Rifle Basix in mine too. Good trigger, worth the money to me (I think it was only like $60?).

The factory trigger is super easy to work on too. You can improve it vastly, with just a few minutes work. Almost as good as the RB, but not quite.

- DAA

I've honed and polished the factory trigger. it is a lot better than it was, but still not as good as the trigger on my .243 remington 700.

Got the stock trigger on my 882SS down to 1.4 or so, very smooth, with very little travel. It passed all the safety tests and is no longer a factor in accuracy. Recently shot a .64" five shot group at 100 yards with Remington's VMax. It currently has 200 rounds down the tube.

I also worked on the factory trigger by polishing & replacing the factoy spring with one from a bic pen.Now it pulls at just under 3#.Be sure that it passes all safety test.

Back