Activ shotgun ammo

Wishbone

I just found a box of 20 3" 12 gauge slugs that a guy gave me years ago, made by Activ. I haven't seen any of this ammo around for awhile and was wondering if the company is still in business or not. Anybody heard anything?
Thanks, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only bad thing is that the hulls are a 2-piece design. I've had new shells seperate at the base of the hull. A real bitch in competition.

If you're looking for a really good shotshell you may want to look at Gamebore. Their target as well as field loads are excellent.

Thanks for the replies guys. Not much happening on that website, but maybe the phone #'s work (lol). I'm told their slugs are pretty accurate. hate to take a shine to these and not be able to get more. Going to try and call them.
Thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hello, I use 2 3/4" 20ga. Activ slugs for deer hunting and have for many years. The shoot relatively flat and are accurate. A couple years ago I purchased a rifle 12 ga. barrel for another of my shotguns, but have switched back to the 20ga. Funny thing is that I am shooting them from a Browning smoothbore pump with a vent rib barrel. I still shoot this better than I shoot that rifled barrel w/ sights. Give those slugs a try, I'll bet you will like them also.

activs are made in west virginia, they were bought out buy a company a few years back and are now called kent. they make the best turkey loads and their fast steel is excellent on waterfowl. i still have a few boxes of activs here at the house and hand them out sparingly.

I used some last weekend in the shotgun portion of a 3 gun match. I was using 12ga. 2 3/4" no. 4's and 5's, and had no problem dropping steel plates. The shells I used was their Ultimate Traditional Upland. I like the fact that they are a mid-high brass. Yes, they are made here in West Virginia.

Back