Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1629161 - 07/05/10 07:30 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: mbowerma]
Ben Jimmy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: LA
I think tools like "spell check" are great, but please understand some of us went to school before the days of "no child left without a computer". Having said that, please be kind enough to cut bad spellers a bit of slack and just get back to enjoying this site. Remember, none of us are quite perfect yet. I sometimes get a laugh out of these unintentional spelling horrors and these days that's a gift! The bell rang, school's out!!

#1630146 - 07/07/10 10:54 AM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Ben Jimmy]
Super White Hunter Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Colorado
I am on here not because I can spell but because I like to shoot coyotes.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln~

#1631646 - 07/09/10 04:04 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Super White Hunter]
Ben Jimmy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: LA
Exactly!

#1631657 - 07/09/10 04:33 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Ben Jimmy]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
it isn't like anyone is grading your paper, but you are trying to communicate. if your spelling is so bad that people don't want to bother wading through it to understand you, you have tools available to easily clean it up a bit.

Since I started this thread most, if not all, major browsers now have spell checking built right in.

Keep calm and crazy on

#1966031 - 07/30/11 08:49 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Stu Farish]
Chupathingy Offline
PM senior

Loc: not here
Originally Posted By: Stu Farish
it isn't like anyone is grading your paper, but you are trying to communicate. if your spelling is so bad that people don't want to bother wading through it to understand you, you have tools available to easily clean it up a bit.

Since I started this thread most, if not all, major browsers now have spell checking built right in.

Amen Stu! I don't look down on people for the commonly mis-spelled words, but if I have to read a sentence multiple times....then I lose interest pretty quick and move on.

Chupa

#2109730 - 01/12/12 06:59 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: johnmeador609]
Mike30-06 Offline

Loc: Thibodaux, La.
I go buuyyyyyyy Mike becccaussssse iiii caaaaannnnt speeeeel Miccchhhhaaaeell.

#2162601 - 02/24/12 03:12 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Mike30-06]
notimer Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: south central Va
I think anyone who jumps on you for not spelling correctly has
really just stated they have a low IQ level, or just are just
complete bu tt holes, I have the ability to comprehend what
people are trying to write or say, with out being a ahole.

However some peoples writing is unreadable, that's when we have a problem.....

#2162610 - 02/24/12 03:20 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: notimer]
ARCOREY Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: USA
Does that mean I can't use this anymore?

Just kidding, I only use it here at work rolleyes. Most of the time I can read the posts, but have to admit there are a few that I just can't comprehend crazy.

#2186838 - 03/22/12 01:11 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: ARCOREY]
bgtme Offline
Seasoned Member

What if my spelling is so bad that Goggle doesn't even know what the heck I'm trying to spell? Don't laugh,it happens!

#2192335 - 03/30/12 07:30 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: bgtme]
Wallbass45 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Indiana
I think sometimes its not if you can spell ,Its how much you have had to DRINK! LOL

“There’s a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot.” JFK 7 days before his assassination

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

#2274317 - 08/22/12 04:12 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Stu Farish]
Longnkrnch Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Louisiana
I can certainly recognize it whe I mifspell. I'm just too lazi to back it owt and retipe it.

#2274319 - 08/22/12 04:14 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Stu Farish]
Longnkrnch Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Louisiana
I would never criticize someone for misspelling............unless they're a democrat.

#2469498 - 03/24/13 12:44 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Stu Farish]
predyotevarmint Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: PA
It would help more if pointed out mis spelled words. Then one knows the correct spelling. If use a spell check I dont think many really look to see how it is spelled and just click on the word that looks correct to them. Then if asked how to spell this or that one knows. I would rather know how to spell than use spell check. It dont make one smarter.
How many can look at a name on their phone and know what the number is associated with it?Somethings might make us look smarter but are we really?

#2630169 - 02/05/14 03:14 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Stu Farish]
Crappie eater Offline

Loc: Ks
Sounds gate

#2973433 - 06/30/16 02:38 PM Re: Spell Checking [Re: Stu Farish]
chemdawg Offline
Predator Master

Loc: tx
unlike a lot of guys on here I suffer a sever head injury while in Iraq it took me several years just to be able to spell my full name I just am un able to read my mistakes it was explained to me as having a form of deluxe i wish i could write better and not spell checker is going to help me I have tried several when i write something to me it looks perfect partly do to i memorized what it is my am typing i am sorry to every one about this and wish i could wok past it but that will never happen i spend several weeks in a coma when i woke i did not even recize my wife and kids i still don't have a memory much longer then 10-15mins i damaged to survive a gun shot would and richachated off a magazine bounce off my hip and lay up under the spin they can't remove it i was shortly shot agin later in the back this time in the protective plate hurt like a bithc and managed to live through 7 ieds i am sorry to every one for this and thanks for understanding
Please me forgive for the poor writing I was struck in the Head when an IED went of Under my HMMVE striking me in the head with something I had to relearn how to spelling and writeing over again and little to know short term memory

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.