events for the BBQ

vargy49

Ok this is what is planed for the BBQ
Friday night i have james pen rented for any one that wants to bring a hound or 2 and run with us!! we will cast at dark!!I will give directions here later!!
Sat morning i am having the fun hunt at JR baldwins pen!! these 2 pens are only about 3 miles apart!! this fun hunt is a 3 hour all age speed and drive hunt!! trophys and dog feed will be gave away!! You have to be a member of my web site to enter a hound!!
But any one can come and visit and watch the hounds run!!
Most of that running with be in the day light!!
sat afternoon is the BBQ Every one is welcome to come!! WE will have lots of good food to eat and a bunch of door prices to give away!! and i am raffling a R-400 tracker this year!! $5 per ticket!! any one can buy tickets!!
if there is extra $$ left from the raffle the money will go and help pay for the web site!!
After every one has ate and all the prizes are gone we will turn loose at dark again. some will have spoy lights and go watch crossings and some will sit around the camp fire and tell lies all night !! LOL
I know right now we have one person come from PA to it and another one is flying in from NY
Man that makes me proud!!
Any one is welcome to come!!
This starts friday night june 15th and will last till sat night june 16th!!

Directions!!
I dont have the road names yet but here is the best i can do for now!!
If you coming from the south like from kirksville Mo
head north up #63 to 136 and go west. turn north on 149. apro 5 to 6mile miles there will be a real little town called omha Mo
you will turn east there and apro 1 1/2 to 2 miles there will be a gravel road to your left!!
Turn left and it will curve left and again the right then you are at the gate!! Please close the gate after you come in!!
If your coming from the north you will go through centerville Iowa. heading south apro 5 niles there will be a black top to your left. turn left and that will curve around to a small town called Exline!! at the end of exline at the Tee you turn right.
Now your heading south. apro 5 miles you will be in Mo.apro another 3 to 4 miles you will come to omha!! Turn left and fallow the top directions!!

Vargy

Check the post I made about the maps! You'll see then. (i wouldn't use Vargy's directions!! He'll tell ya to go too far then turn around and come back!) lol Hope to see everyone there. MOyotehunter

Vargy,

Whether I make it down or not. I want to make you a free carving[plaque] of a hound & coyote. For you to raffle off for your event exspence's. If you or anyone would. Please post a pic of a hound & a coyote squaring off. I'll see what I can do.
Thanks.

I still have the picture posted here of the dog chasing the yote in the pond/river as my wallpaper. I can't remember whose hound that was, but it is one of my favorite pictures I have seen on this site.

Just my .02

NM

nmyotebuster,
Could ya post that pic.

Yah, NASA...I found MO's pic[pretty cool], on Vargy's web site. Just looking for some more ideas.

There was another pic posted here about a year ago. It was a really, really PO'd coyote in a leg hold. Super big snarl on his face. Combine that with a good baying dog shot, and I think you'd have a winner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Yup, I remember that one. Seen that look a few times, LOL!
Actually, I was thinking of that very one, ironic. You have ESP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. That coyote would look cool, bayed against a structure, with a hound ready to nail him on the throat.

NASA,

I believe that pic of that snarling trap caught coyote. Is atleast a yr old, buried somewhere on this site. As for the coyote bayed on the end of a log. That is found on Vargy's site.

Sorry I didn't see this post quicker. I'm glad you enjoyed that picture NM. I think you'll like this one too. Not sure if you can use this one Kirby, but its pretty close to what you are wanting. One of my all-time favorite pics, thats my Moe hound.
487817.jpg

See ya, MO

Wow.. Great Picture. The more I frequent this forum the more I so want to see these dogs run in person . Unfortunately the Vargy-Q falls on the weekend the Mrs. and I are celebrating our anniversary.

Make sure and take a ton o pics for the rest of us ..

And thanks again for the pic MO.

NM

mo dont forget to tell yea he is a walker!!! Ha ha

nmyotebuster sorry you cant make it!!
Just throw her in the truck and bring her along!! LOL she will have plenty of women to talk with to!!
This is my 5th year of doing the BBQ and will sure try and keep doing it as long as folks come and enjoy it!!
so maybe next year!!

Vargy

Quote:
the Vargy-Q falls on the weekend the Mrs. and I are celebrating our anniversary.

What better gift? A road trip! Get out of town, spend time alone together, see some new territory, meet new people, enjoy an old fashioned BBQ, learn a new sport, experience the thrill of the chase, take a different route back home and see more new territory. Just the 2 of you. How could she not be impressed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yeah, it doesn't seem to get me any results in a bar, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

NASA I would love to do that. But she has scheduled us some fly fishing up in colorado near our cabin.

Quote:
This is my 5th year of doing the BBQ and will sure try and keep doing it as long as folks come and enjoy it!!
so maybe next year!!

I will make sure to keep that timeframe open if at all possible ( though it will fall near the anniversary again, maybe we can roadtrip it as NASA suggests )

NM

Of all the different types of coyote hunting, I've done. I'd pick hound hunting, hands down. The comradery of the guys, the hounds working hard, the chase, the kill. I'll always miss those days, gone by.

Cool pic, MO.

NM you just missed the rainbow spawn, and the browns don't run until the Fall. We got into the cut-bows last weekend, up to 19". Nice fat ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Back