AZ camo clothing or versatile patterns

Advantage MAX-1 is my favorite. It looks too "green" at first glance at the store, but it really blends in just about perfect. Most importantly, you don't look like a big dark blob from 50 yards away like you do wearing certain other big name brands. I hunt in dry CA, NV, and UT.
IMG_2436b.jpg

Last edited:
I use Natural Camo in the winter and Leafy Camo in the summer after the rains, I also try not to scratch my [beeep] or pick my nose on the stand. That was a good article about color blindness, I should probably wear an orange camo cap.

Remember, coyotes are VERY color blind. They can see shades of colors. What is the most important is that you wear a face mask to cover up your white glowing face and camo gloves along with a camo'd gun barrel.

You may think that this is nuts, but it is the Gospel truth. I drew a Bull tag for B6 Unit just south of Flagstaff. There was 6" of powder snow on the ground and I was wearing a flame orange cap along with a flame orange jacket. My partner and I were walking the edge of this huge clear that was about 800 yards across x mile and half long. I was on one side with my partner on the other side, we could see each other. We figured that the Elk would come out to the edge and run up the edge. We would walk real slow for about 50 yards and lean up against a tree for a few minutes and watch.

Well, about an hour into this deal, I was leaning against the tree (there was 6" of powder snow on the ground) and needless to say, I feel as if I am a light bulp on a Christmas tree I am standing out so bright. About 150 yards in front of me a large good looking coyote steps out on the edge looking straight at me...holy crap! He then looks the other way, then starts walking straight for me. That coyote was looking straight at me, walking straight to me for over 100 yards. I thought that I would see how close he would get to me before he spooked. The walked within 3 feet of me, and never even broke his gait. I was lit up like a Christmas tree in that suit! I also had a cover scent on Called Forget the Wind.

Most of this camo stuff is to get us in the mood. As long as you use earth tones,Dark brown's, dark reds, dark greens you are good to go, just use those camo face masks with camo gloves to keep the white covered up.

You may ask yourself, how did all those guys kill so many coyotes in the late 50's and early 60's. I have hunted with several of the really greats in Varmint hunting from those days and they shot the crap out of coyotes. I heard from many of them how they killed up to 9,12 and 17 on one stand. A guy does not get numbers like when the hunter can be seen, and all they had to wear was blue jeans.

Today, I use all camo...it makes me feel good. I think that you ought to do what makes you feel good. I don't think that cammo does a darn thing for you except get you in the mood. Covering your face and hands up does do something. Covering up your scent and using an attractant does do something for you when that coyote has worked his way downwind. Worry about coming up with a plan to fool that coyote that always works his way down wind without being seen...now that will help increase your kills per stand.

Quote:
I have hunted with several of the really greats in Varmint hunting from those days and they shot the crap out of coyotes. I heard from many of them how they killed up to 9,12 and 17 on one stand.

Yeah, things were different then. Some day we'll be telling stories about how back in the day we used to drive up in our trucks and shoot a couple hundred prarie dogs without having to move to another spot. They won't hardly believe us.

Back