AZ camo clothing or versatile patterns

leejm

What camo is best for AZ? Seems like most(except snow of course) blend in pretty well. Anybody have preferences or favorites for hunting with one set of camo in multiple places??

I hunt mostly southern Nevada, southern Utah, and through out AZ and travel to several other states (and countries) from time to time. I use mostly natural gear and find that it works well in most all areas.
Another pattern that is completely different, but also blends in well in most areas (even though you wouldnt think so by looking at it) is MAX-1 .

This is what works for me in AZ

P1010006b.jpg

I also use the Natural Gear and the Natural Gear II (has a little more green). I've also used woodland and the old chocolate-chip desert camo.
Most of the time I wear light gray or tan pants with one of the camoflauge shirts listed above. With a face net and headgear, I think it breaks up the outline pretty well, especially if you can find some shade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

ASAT also. I have had 2 hunters walk within 10yds of me and never saw me. They were deer hunting, so I know they were scaning the area pretty hard.

Your best camo while on a stand is limiting your movement. Gerry Blair once called in a coyote while wearing a santa suit. Most any camo pattern has worked well for me. I prefer to set up a stand in the shade and have my partner in the shade too. Don't forget about your shiny rifle or shotgun. Look at Redfrog and Crapshoot's rifles, no shiny showing. A headnet and gloves are manditory for me also. Just my 2 cents about desert camo.

Yep, Gerry Blair did call a sounder of javelina so close you could smell the ugly. Also several coyote. All while wearing a santa suit. Trouble was, all were non-target. I was calling reindeer. Gerry

Quote:
I was calling reindeer.

So YOU'RE the reason Santa stopped coming to my house. Here I was thinking I'd done something wrong and all the time it was just a 10 guage transportation issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Movement is key, but good camo let's you get away with a little more movement. Dont wear blue.

Try here for a good article on canine vision from our front page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/k9colorvision.shtml

Quote:
Dont wear blue.

Leon, I don't mind if a calling partner wears blue jeans if his top half is obscured. Close coyotes sometimes focus on the unidentified blue shape to the exclusion of other things it should be focused on. Kinda like the misdirection a good decoy provides.

Im in Arizona (Queen Creek) and use 3-D LEAFY ADV MAX-1 in desert colors and greener colors for up in the AZ pine areas. Leafy qualities of the outfit nicely break of a stationary object. These suits are light weight and can be worn over your existing clothes (right now it's going over shorts and a dang t-shirt in this 115 degree weather).

suit1.jpg

suit2.jpg

Have you tried M2D Camo. It is one of the best camo's I've used for grass and sage brush. It actually changes color based on the conditions. They have a web site check it out. Corey

Back