Timney Trigger for Ruger M77 MKII

Scott12

Has any one installed a Timney trigger for the Ruger M77 MKII? Is this the best aftermarket trigger? I have a hogue overmolded stock, is there going to be any adjustments to the stock?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Scott: I have installed two triggers in two M77 MKII's. One was a 7mm Rem Mag, and I used a Dayton-Traister. Fitting on that one was my worst nightmare, and I will never do it again. The second trigger was a Timney, and it went on a M77 MKII SS 30-06. Installation was a "no brainer", and you only have to file the safety engagement. Don't let that scare you away, it's the easiest thing you'll ever do. Just DO NOT USE A DREMEL TOOL to do it. I used a small file, and slowly worked it into engagement. The whole job took a whopping 30 minutes, and my group sizes shrunk by at least half. These new Rugers really can be made to shoot with a new trigger and floating the barrel. Ruger will tell you different, but every one that I've seen shoots better without any pressure on the barrel. Good luck, and email me if you run into any problems.

I bought a Timney trigger from Timney, and I couldn't be more pleased, BUT, I could have saved about $20.00 if I'd got it from Midway.

2 of my 3 Rugers have Timneys in them, waiting on cash for the third! They are THE best choice for a Ruger because they also come with a new sear, and there is not stock modification. I have mine set at 2 pound and they break so clean it is like pushing a button and it goes off.

I've got a couple of Ruger 77s and I prefer to do my own triggers. It's easy, since there's not too much to the trigger. It's free also. God Bless The Troops. MI VHNTR

Back