Warning stay away from Cabelas pine ridge tactical scopes

spencer73

Just thought I would help anybody out that was thinking of buying one of these scopes. Absolutly Junk. Fortunatly Cabelas took it back and refunded my money. Now I have another nikon. Clarity sucked and it would change zero from day to day as much a five inches. I understand that you get what you pay for but for 169.00 you would think that you would get something that would be half way decent. My Tasco that I bought for 79.00 was a cadillac compared to that thing.

If you read the ratings from customers on Cabelas website they have said similar things about that particular scope. Their Outfitter scopes are actually pretty good buys though.

Sorry to hear that. I've had very good luck with their 2 by 7 shotgun/black powder scopes, especially for use on 22 rifles.

I am so glad you posted this. I was about to order one of these scopes. I am also glad this forum is here, we have to watch each others backs when it comes to stuff like this.

those scopes look like sightrons, the power adjustment on the rear looks just like sightrons, maybe they are SI models, I had a couple SI's that where not that great

I bought one of the Pineridge scopes several years ago.
It was pure junk. So, now I use it as a slave unit when I glass bed scopes into rings. After the glass hardens, I then install the scope I'll be using. That's all the Pineridge is good for.

Martyn

If you looked at the glass and thought to yourself that the clarity was bad...why would you go ahead and make the purchase in the first place?

Sometimes, we do get what we pay for in the end. I know that Mueller scopes are reasonably priced and the clarity is very good for their price range.

Also the pentax is higher quality han you pay for, plus most of them come with a lifetime warranty and they are so clear.

A friend of mine bought a Thompson Center Omega muzzleloader with a Pine Ridge scope on it. He couldn't get the rifle to group. It would shoot all over the place, no matter what bullet he tried. He finally took the combo back and they replaced the scope with another Pine ridge scope. This time it shot well. He was happy until he went hunting. A nice buck walked out and when he looked through the scope, there were no cross hairs! He had to let the deer pass. He kept the rifle, but because it was a "combo" they wouldn't give him the money equivalent that you would pay for the scope seperately. They ended up giving him some Cabela's bucks instead. He ended up buying a Nikon and tossing the old scope.

Quote:
He might of mail ordered it.

That's exactly what happened.
It's tough comparing scopes when you live in the "swamp", with no dealers around who have scopes on the shelf for you to look through. The only dealer that carries Pineridge scopes is Cabela's, and we do not have a Cabela's store handy. I depended on Cabela's to sell good scopes, but that didn't happen.

Martyn

Back