I check Michelle's 11 1/8 and raise her 10 5/8

guess

I was able to lure the first bird of the day away from his hens through a heard of lunatic cattle.I shot him at 38 yards ,he would have come closer I think but the bull was headed his way and I got nervous he would leave.he had a 9 inch beard and 1 1/8 inch spurs. At 8 am the birds shut up! We moved to another area where I knew of birds strutting mid day.The wind was now blowing 40 mph .I called and heard a bird gobble on top of a hill,we circled around to come up on his North side.I called and he was close but going the other way.We slipped back down the hill and came up on his South side he gobbled and went the other way! Rather than waste all day on a bird that likely had hens with him we moved on.At 5 pm went were back at the original location,we would call and stop call and stop.I was just about to doze off when Michelle said I heard a bird! he came so fast with the cattle hot on his tail that he blew past us.we worked him for over an hour {he gobbled the whole time} before he came back , just about the time he was in range a calf was sniffing the decoy,he was nervous ! he finally poked his head up in a hole to get a better look at the decoys,I shot him at 41 yards all I could see was from his wattles up! I knew he had a thick beard I could see it at 100 yards,but that was all I knew.To my surprise he had 3 beards 8 1/4,7 1/4 and 6 1/4 inches {that's right 21 3/4 inches of beard!} with 1 1/8 inch spur and 1 inch spur. This makes my 3rd multi bearded bird in 10 years.
me+gobbler+4-21-07+9in+118.jpg

1+18+spurs+4-21-07.jpg

me+gobbler+3+beard+8q+7q+6q+4-21-07.jpg

3+beards+4-21-07.jpg

we are allowed 4 Rios or in counties with Easterns we are allowed 1 Eastern which would be 3 rios and 1 eastern. I don't have Easterns,wished I had a place close to hunt them.

thats cool. My cousin shot 2 birds a couple years ago with multiple beards. i think one had 3 beards and the other had 5. Never heard of any others since.

wow... here in new york were allowed 2 beared birds per spring season,... thats alittle differant than your 4 bird bag limit... wish we had that here..

Hey, there is nothing but the best from Mr. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif and his woman. Great job, Glenn on all those phenomenal birds. Congrats, to you!

Glenn I think she still has you beat on looks!!! Great bird there buddy. I killed my first multi-beard Merriams last spring. Sure is a shock to pull that first one up and see the others hanging there.

Guy

Back