Just ordered another Dtech Upper!!!

Totch94

Called just to visit with Mike today and ask a question or two and he said that he had one last Olympic .17 Remington barrel. Well, I felt bad about it not having a home and being orphaned in his shop all alone, so I told him to go ahead and fix it up for me. It is a 24 inch 1 in 9 twist oly stainless fluted barrel that he will make me an upper out of in the next few weeks. Fellas, this is just how big my heart is, giving a good home to orphans. Never owned a .17 Remington before and I thought that was reason enough to give her a try. Should be a load of fun to play with! Pictures to follow as soon as the big brown truck arrives!

Okay, I'm jealous. I talked to Mike a couple weeks ago and he told me that he had a 17 Remington barrel on hand. He also mentioned something about a 17-223 reamer, which got me thinking in another direction. Now that I read your post, I have non-buyers remorse.

Please don't post photos saying how great it shoots, it will be too much for me to handle.

I just received my 204 Ruger upper from him on Monday. We had a blizzard today. Hopefully I an get out soon.

GrouseSetter

Geez Totch, I guess if we were all like you, there wouldn't be any democrats!

I know better than to even talk to Mike...at least not until I have the $ to do another.

BTW, did you see GrouseSetter's new upper? I have to admit, I've been away from my AR for 3 days now....and I kinda got aroused.

stormking, what a wonderful thought, a world with no Democrats! That arouses me!

GrouseSetter built an outstanding .204 upper. I have to agree stormking, it is "inspiring" to say the least.

GrouseSetter, thank you for not buying that last .17 barrel the other day. It should make a nice little brother to the .223 that Mike built for me a few months ago. Next will be a big brother .243 WSSM. I called to order a free floated camo handguard and came away with the .17 upper! Should have known better than being able to call and talk to him without getting in over my head.

You know, we should all get together and have a PD shoot for Dtech owners. We could do it even as a charity fund raiser of some kind. It would be fun and we could all try to out do each other with our Dtech's!

Totch , I would cancel that order.....I hear orphans are a mess of trouble and in the end , they don't even look like you.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif..I heard about that old "17" barrel Mike uses to open crates and cracking nuts with.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif..I guess he found a good home for it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.............Like my .204 found with me.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif...SM

Quote:
You know, we should all get together and have a PD shoot for Dtech owners. We could do it even as a charity fund raiser of some kind.

Well, count me in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif That makes (4) of us already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just plan it far enough ahead of time that we can all skate around the dates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If it is a charity event, I would open it up to ALL AR shooters, and make it "Presented" by D-Tech Owners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm in as well. I'll have 3 DTech's, 2-223's and my new 204 to heat up barrels on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Totch94,
Man, you scared me there!! Mike is building me a .17 Rem. with a 22" Oly SUM fluted barrel. I'm having everything else camo coated, and that's the holdup according to Mike. I thought you might have sniped my barrel!!!
John

You guys are starting to make it hard for me now,,, I just sent the receiver and bolt carrier off to Mike for my new upper and told him I wasn't really in a hurry until June, when the PDs are more of a challenge... I'm usually a pretty patient person, but if you guys keep it up, I'm liable to start slipping..

Now with all this talk of a DTech PD shoot, I'm afraid I'll be left out.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Plus, I need some time to "break it in" right and have been working up some experimental 'ladder' loads and setting them back so, hopefully, the weather won't delay that process.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif I figure that by the time I get a feeling for the proper load, the barrel will be seasoned a little.

Don't worry OT. There's not much for "break in" once I'm done with it. The broach-cut barrels are quite smooth already. The only time you will need to spend with your new barrel will be to "dull" down the sharp edges of the lands. Due to the fact that they are "cut" they are quite sharp and often go hard on the thin-skinned bullets. After 50 to 100 rounds through them, they are ready for any bullet.

Quote:
Due to the fact that they are "cut" they are quite sharp and often go hard on the thin-skinned bullets. After 50 to 100 rounds through them, they are ready for any bullet.

Yep....mine just put 40gr VMax bullets into a 1/2" group. But...before I tried them, I was wondering if they would "self-destruct" on their way to the target. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It had ZERO trouble with them, after only about 100 rounds down the barrel for "break-in". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Bill: Don't worry.....if the "shoot" is planned before you are ready, I'll share mine with you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Hey guys.....if a group shoot is a schedule problem , let's have some regional or area target shoots complete with pics and targets ????? The PD thing is a great idea but to schedule somewhat hard....course one guy and his rifle would have a blast anyway..
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ..I would just have to warn anyone who brings along any other AR besides a Dtech , my rifle will probably breed any of them and you will end up with some little camo pups..........SM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
nov06113.jpg

Last edited:
Usually pick of the litter , two mags , and fifty pounds of food (loaded in 35 bergers) . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, but the problem with pure-bred offspring, is that if you want them to be worth anything, you gotta REGISTER them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Now that we are into 'breeding', while my .204 is not a "DTech", I have to wonder what the result would be??

ARCpmpleted.jpg

That could turn out to be some really weird 'camouflage' combination,,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Back