ZIESS or IOR ????

hntnnut

Well I've narrowed my scope choices down to 2 options for my Howa axium 22-250. The first is a Ziess conquest 4.5-14x50 with target knobs. The other is a IOR Valdada 4.5-14x50 Tactical. Both have Mildot reticals and side focus knobs I can get the ziess for 655.00 shipped and the IOR for about 855.00 shipped. Any advice or opinions expecialy reguarding the IOR never really herd anyone talk about them. Help me decide.

Richard

I like the IOR. When you compare the optics you will see that the IOR is very clear. I have had several and my friends use IOR. Now, I would avoid www.usaoptics.net as this guy is a con and has sold some seconds as new. Otherwise, I don't think that you will be disappointed with Valdada. Good luck.

Richard,

I don't know if this helps your decision, but we sell the Zeiss Conquest that you are interested in for $629.00. Unfortunately we are out of stock on the Mil Dot model at this time.

Never seen an IOR (I've heard they're great), but I've got the Zeiss 4.5-14 with Z-plex and love it. I've got (4) Zeiss scopes and they're the best I've ever owned (at the top of my price range!)

Just noticed you had an Axiom, have you shot it yet? How do you like it? Been thinking of getting one in .204 to replace my Encore. Would get 22-250, but already have a Tikka T3 Varmint that is a tack driver! How much does it weigh?

Last edited:
IOR has some realy nice glass for the price...On average, I hear there better then Leupold MK4, and considerably cheaper. Never seen one up close or handled one personally, but I bet they are a very nice, clear scope. With that said, there sure is nothing wrong with Zeiss either. I love the way they look to my eyes, very crisp and clear. If I wasn't a Leupold fan, I would have Zeiss on my rifles...You cant go wrong with either scope. They'll both be top performers for you.

coltchris,
Still need a scope for it but have put 55 rounds through it for barrel break in, almost 0 recoil. I think I will be able to call my shots and thats with a 22-250. think it weighs 10.5 pounds naked. I'm keeping a log so after I get a scope and put some rounds down range i'll make a attempt to do a wright up on it and the scope (with pics). Any how it looks like i'll be going with IOR (didn't realize the ziess was a 1" tube) haven't herd any bad about them and I also here that they are about near bullet proof.

Richard

I really like the IOR scopes. I have shot appoximatly 1000 rds through an AR-10(T) with a 2-10x IOR. Shooting targets out to 800 yds. The glass is great and I plan on putting one on my own tactical rifle.

Back