METH sucks

cmiddleton

Here in casper meth is running rampent.
i have fought my doughter 29 yrs old now about her useing.
well i went as far as going to her old dealer and telling him if she touches the crap again he would never hear the gun go off! we made posters and posted them up and down the street telling everyone that they had a drug dealer on thair street. i also told the cops.
well that was about 8 yrs ago.
now she has gotten on it again and is now looking at doing time in the pen for bad checks to buy drugs.
its heart breaking to see her begging me to bail her out but i tried to get her forced into treatment and couldn't because she is 29 yrs old and she wouldn't give consent.
how can a man help the kids when they are no longer kids?
i will not bail her out i have gone as far as begging the d.a. to set bond high enough so nobody can. that really hurts a mans heart trying to keep their doughter in jail enstead of helping her out of jail.
i feel if she gets out i'll find her dead someday.
we moved her to our house two weeks ago to try to help her off it but she was still getting it behind our backs
being in jail looks to me to be the only way to get her treatment and i'd rather have her alive in jail than dead on the street.
i helped the p.d. put her there and am praying her friands can't afford to get her out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
why do ones kids just keep breaking the hearts of the ones who love them the most.
i told her that when things get tough just keep thinking of the song thats gos "a fathers love is for ever and ever amen"
she was away from drugs for 5 years for sure why would she go back? it rips my heart out and stomps on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully she can turn the corner and get straight again. Keeping her in jail right now might be the best thing. Remember meth is a first hit addiction drug, its worse than crack cocaine, or any of the long list of others. There is a huge problem here where I live, used to have a problem just a few doors away. The blotter in the local newspaper tells about everyone who has been arrested and for what, 80% of the arrests are drug related.

Used to be my friends and I would go hiking down by the river with our 22's, shoot rabbits or about anything that moved, go camping, go 4wheelin' out to the mountains. I guess that kind of fun or way to pass the time just dosnt work anymore.

cmiddleton,
My heart goes out to you. I don't understand it either why some kids do those things. I do know that the judicial system is not tough enough on dealers of drugs. I go to our local county jail every Sunday to do a Bible study with the inmates who want to come. Many are individuals like your daughter, they know they need to get free of drugs but lack the wherewithall. First off, my main focus is that through a true relationship with Jesus Christ that the battle can be won. It is a hard road but possible. Every now and then a drug dealer will come. One told me he thought he was doing people a favor by supplying drugs. For brevity here, believe me, I got on him real hard. I think I could solve the drug problem, but the law will not allow me. My answer would be, if you are caught and convicted of dealing, there would be only on sentence. Public hanging, period. Government has a responsibility to protect society and, IMO, it is not being done.

her old dealer left town when i told him i would shoot him if he ever sold to her again. bad thing was i knew him every sence 1982. one day he went snowmobiling with some guys and came back spun. he used it and sold it from that point on. he first lost his company then his wife and kids then his house and corvette it all went for crank.
he was arrested three times with quanaties of cranck three times befor he got sent up the creek for 18 months.
jody is facing 1 to 10 years for stealing checks and writing them. they say the normal sentance is 3 to 5 yrs.
that is enough time to get the addiction over with and learn she better not do that again.
jody was on probation already for stealing my checks and writing them so its her second offence they might really nail her for it this time. the checks she stole this time was her ex boyfriands mom and dads.
i found her drugs and turned them in after she failed a u.a. at probation they still haven't charged her for the checks but they will.
i'm a hard line republican and even though its my kid i still support stiff penaltys for crimes. if you do the crime you have to do the time. if i feel that way about strangers i still feel that way about famaly. crime = punishment no exceptions. its the only fair way to be i wish it wasn't my kid but all crimanals are somebodys kid.
she had a 4.0 gpa in high school but she was allways commen sense dumb.
the drugs were a mistamener amount mainly parafenilya with resado but the probation violation is serious and the checks are vary bad.
i had a hand in her bond being high enough for her friands not to be able to get her out.
i more or less begged them to set it that way before court

Sorry to hear about your situation, it's got to be tough. I'll be praying for you and your daughter. Mine just started college this year.
We've had a lot of people at our church that have gone through the Teen Challenge program with lasting results. Not sure if you have some in your area, but if she's willing it might get her over the addiction.

I feel for you, I've had similar problems with my niece (who I raised). You are taking the right course. It's hard not supporting your kid and trying to help them, but especially with addicts, being understanding and supportive is the worst thing you can do. They have to hit bottom on their own to have any hope of recovery.

Hopefully a stretch in prison will be enough to give your Jody a wake-up call before she kills herself.

Good luck my friend.

what really hurts is that jody is my step doughter she was 4 when i met her. she had one red dress and one doll when i started dating her mom. i wasn't even thinking of marrage tell i decided i could give her a much better life if i married her mom. i was 23 yrs old when we did get married her mom was 25 and jody was 6.
tammy and i lived together for a year to see if we would be able to keep it together and we did.
i took jody in as one of my own and being our first child we were able to give her more than the other two. she was 8 when my son was born and 12 when my baby doll was born.
when i'd ask her what she wanted for cristmas she would ask for a dress or blouse. i'd get her that and a house sterio or t.v. or something really nice the other two were still into toys. we hunted fished and really had fun.
buy the time the other two kids got to that age i couldn't give to them as much as i did for her.
when she hit 13 she decided she was a step doughter even though i'd never called her that. i treated her better than her mother she got anything she wanted and then some.
when she started fighting with me and asking to meet her real dad i told her to call the texas state pen and see if they would let her in. i have regreted that statement ever sense.
when she lost her first child to h.e.l.p. syndrome her real dad came up to see her. he started her on meth at that time. she accually had to kick him out of her house at that time due to his living off her and meth. thats when we got her off the meth the first time she stayed clean had two more kids the last one was a premature but turnned out fine.
now last sunday we had to give the kids to thair dad and i don't know if she will ever get them back.
i really tried to give her the good life and she fought me the whole way. i think she had more of her real dad in her then we ever knew. he still owes my wife 102,000 dollars in back child support and is a meth addict.
no matter how hard or how much i loved that little red headed girl she fought agenced everything i did and stood for.
heck i'm still paying credit card bills from taking care of her after brookes birth. she was in denver for three months in the hospital.
my heart is broken and i failed

Sorry but you did not fail. She has failed. We can not blame ourselves for the the faults of others. If we did everyday would be a failure. All any of us can do is provide love and support. If you did that then you won. No matter where that little girls goes, she knows that deep down you loved her and tried. If addiction runs in the family you were already playing with a loaded deck. As others have said, meth is a terrible thing. There are many places to but the burden of this problem, but it does not belong on your heart. My thoughts go out to you as I too have seen what meth does to the hearts and minds of young people. Hang in there and do what is right for your family and grandchildern. Hopefully she can get the help she needs, and you can once agin take her to enjoy the things that life should be about!

Quote:
my heart is broken and i failed

OHHHH no you dont, I read your posts and I hear a responsible person who did the best they could raising a family, your heart may be broken but you did not fail. There comes a point in everyones life, where they must make right and wrong decisions on their own. You didnt fail, she failed herself, I can understand how you could feel that way but please dont confuse the two. Keep your head high, we are pulling for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I feel that tcusparky has the best solution to your daughters drug problem. Teen Challenge has the highest recovery rate for drug addition - 86%. It is a Christian based program originally started by pastor David Wilkerson of Cross & the switchblade fame.

My own pastor is a graduate of the program. Look on the internet for the link. Only a Christ centered program can truely change your daughters' heart.

she is 29 yrs old her doughers are 5 and 3 what breaks my heart the most is the thought of what they have seen and having to go without their mom for anywhere from 1 to 10 years.
jody has been in jail for 6 days today and she said she has been sleeping with the bible under her pillow i told her to take it out and read it it works better that way.
i'm glad the kids dad is stepping up to bat and finally going to act like a dad{we think} you just can't trust he will keep it up. i may end up raising them again we had them for a while before. mark doesn't do drugs or drink to much he is just immature and thinks only of himself. i hope he can finally put the girls first. he has never supported them my wife and i have always bought all the diepers and clothes. now he works on a ranch and only make 1600 a month so we probally still will.
at least he is going to try to be a father figure.
i'll write that down and see if i can get it to her in jail. i'll look it up and see if she can get it in jail.
by the time she ges out the addiction will be over but she will need to learn a lifestile to live without meth
i do apreciate the family here at p.m. i wish the whole world could be as helpful as the people here at the predator masters forums if everyone worked as hard to help people as the folks here we could have world peace.
i'm thankful to that she is in jail and not doing drugs at this moment. i just wish there would have been another way for that to happen. thank you all i'll check back in the morning thanks furdown, elks,tc and everyone its easier to type with out tears in my eyes.

Last edited:
Casey, My heart goes out to you. Reading all of this makes my eyes tear up for you. I know for sure you did nothing wrong. You stated she was a 4.0 student. That my friend is your doing. The choices she made after the fact are her own. I truley belive she needs to be in jail also. Hard as it my be, it is best. As a past funeral director I have seen this drug ruin more lives and families than I can count. Our area is one of the biggest meth areas around. I have a lot of friends that went down this same road your daughter is on. They all have pulled it together. I am sure they have there struggles but they all are involved with the church. I will pray for you and your daughter. As a dad I worry about these things also. I have told my wife if any of my kids get into drugs I am quiting my job and taking them to Alaska. We will get as far away from people as possable. Teach em to live off the land and work hard if you want to live. Hunting , fishing and trapping has always kept me out of trouble. It is the only thing I love to do. I never wanted to fail at it and that drive kept me from even smoking a joint with all my buddies. Casey if you need anyone to talk I am hear for ya. Just shoot me a PM and I will send you my phone #. Your in our prayers Bud!

C.M.
God put this challenge on your plate for a reason. I cant fathom what that reason is, and neither probably can you, but HE has a reason none-the-less, and maybe in time he will show it to you.

Quote:
I feel that tcusparky has the best solution to your daughters drug problem. Teen Challenge has the highest recovery rate for drug addition - 86%. It is a Christian based program originally started by pastor David Wilkerson of Cross & the switchblade fame.

My own pastor is a graduate of the program. Look on the internet for the link. Only a Christ centered program can truely change your daughters' heart.

+10

Casey...you are not alone, there are millions of other parents going through the same type of struggle. My daughter (raised by my long ago ex) got caught up in a somewhat similar situation, prescription drugs and stealing to get the $$$ to pay for it. Long story, she ended up in prison for a year, a friend took care of her kids during that time. In prison, she finally "found" Christ (He is there all the time) and now is actively involved in her church with other Christians and is making a recovery. She did sacrifice her health and she will never recover from that. Don't let guilt beat you up, she has made her own choices and must reap the consequences. Encourage her to read her Bible, especially the Book of John, it will give her a clear understanding of who Jesus Christ is and what he did for each one of us. There is always hope!

i will tell her to read john greg thank you.
i got up with a heavy heart again today seems i spend my day trying to choke back the tears and swollow that big lump in my throght [the rest the time wondering if i spelled that right]
i think i need to do some reading of the good book myself to find a way out of the pain and stop beating myself up mentaly.
what could have i done differently to keep her one the right path so i can keep my youngest from going there.
i think this situation will be a big leason to her{autumn} too.
life is a hike on many paths one must choose wisely which one is the right path and that path always leads to god.
jody always went to church all the way threw high school and even went when the rest the famaly missed it. i really expected great things from her. jody never drank smoked or cussed tell after she moved away from home. once she was gone she went off the deep end.
i think i will read the book of john myself again too.

Last edited:
not in my book of laws they are threatening the lives of my children! self defence. its that one comandment that keeps me from it. that book overrides any man has ever written and they are written in stone in my heart.

My wife does addiction counseling for the State of Alabama. Most of the folks in her class have the choice of going to jail or going to her counseling groups.

She comes home basically hopeless every night. The people they send her don't WANT to come off the drugs, they're only there because it's that or jail, and the general impression is most don't care.

As far as Meth goes, she was telling me about it a while back. Basically that after the very first hit - it stays in your sytem for 9 months, and for that entire time you're having withdrawls and your body is craving it just to feel normal again. In 1 (one) time trying it.

And the more you do it, the more of it builds up in your system, and with habitual users, the drug can remain in your system for up to 2 years - even after you completely quit. So for 2 years you're going through withdrawls and physically needing this crap.

So how is a 90 day rehab program going to compete with 2 years of withdrawls?

That's one of the reasons meth has such an enormous failure rate among people trying to get off the stuff.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.
Meth & other drugs are pretty bad here as well.
There were a couple houses on the back side of my block that were making/using/selling spots when I moved in a few years ago.
As soon as someone got busted, someone else would take over.
It continued until 1 1/2 ago, when a guy got killed in one of them during a fight over drugs.
Since then, the houses have been condemned & are scheduled for demolition.

My 2 oldest have tried marijauna in their early teens, & thank goodness they didn't like it & haven't tried anything else.
While I did more than my share of drinking in my day...drugs is something I never had any inclination to try. And any friends I had that I found out used...either got straight & stayed that way, or got left behind.

Back