tikka rifles

bownarro1

tikka owners how do you like your rifles how do they compaire to rem rugers wins. I am looking for a new rifle and was wounderind if tikka should be the one. Please give me the good the bad and the ugly. thanks

If the rest of them are like my Tikka HB .17 Rem, I will never own the rest again! Best trigger out of the box period!

Best gun for the money IMO. Super accurate out of the box, with a very nice trigger. I will continue to buy Tikkas.

I recently got one in a .243 and love it. I don't see how any factory gun could shoot much better. I loaded some 70 grain Ballistic tips and they definitely shoot less than one inch groups at 100 yards. I really believe it will shoot half inch groups if I do my part.

Tikka rifles,IMO you can't get a better gun for the money,I have a M695 All Weather in 6.5*55 and it's been fantastic,super accurate from the box and just a great rifle to use.
Out of interest how much is a Tikka over in the states?I paid £550 for mine.

Hi guys, welcome to the board!

BB, how much is that in US?? Don't know what a M695 is but I have a M595 in a .17 Rem. Heavy Barrel.

i have the model 595 in 17 rem heavy barrel and it is a super shooter. i would like a 17 rem is a lighter weight rifle for packing around though.

I love my .223 Tikka Whitetail! I got mine at Scheels in Coralville (Coral Ridge Mall), where are you in Iowa? I was looking at the Savage and Remingtons as well. The Tikka was about 100 bucks more than the standard Savage, but about 100 bucks less than the Remington VLS. I decided that since this was going to be a calling rifle I didn't want to pack around the heavy barrel (and besides they had one in left hand hanging on the wall for a couple months so I decided it needed a new home). Don't you just hate it when you go into a gun shop and they have exactly what you want? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
If I do my part, this gun will easily shoot under 1 inch 5 shot groups, and thats with factory ammo. With good handloads, I would bet I could get under 1/2 inch groups. Its got a good adjustable trigger, and I like the detachable magazine when I am loading/unloading the gun repeatedly to drive between stand locations (just don't lose it as I hear the are about 60 bucks to replace). I don't think you will be disapointed with a Tikka.

bought a m595 in .308 liked it so much i bought a .22-250 in m595 both are extremely accurate pack em for killin yotes works great!!

A friend of mine recently acquired an old (10+ years) Tikka bolt action, (.17 Remington,) with a cracked stock which he repaired himself with epoxy glue. He is very impressd with its accuracy and said next time he needs a new rifle, if Tikka makes the caliber he won't even bother looking at anything else.

Has anyone seen the new Tikka T3? It has a redesigned synthetic stock which looks good. It also weighs about 1 pound less that the standard Tikka synthetic/stainless. According to the 2003 Beretta catalog we have at my friends gun shop, they are going to be available this March. I think everyone will be pleased with this redesigned rifle.

bownarro1, I paid about $575 + tax for it. You can probably find a little better price for one if you look around a little bit. Like I said, Scheels happened to have a LH one in the caliber I wanted hanging on the wall. They aren't know for thier low prices, but they had it there and I figured by the time I had oned shipped from somewhere I would probably have ended up paying about the same anyway.

Has anyone heard the rumor that the Tikka 17 Rem
is unavailable in 2003? Can anyone confirm?
I was ready to order one and the dealer isn't
showing them in the 2003 catalog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

At the Gun Shows in Des Moines, Mark Sieh usually has several priced right. Good guy to do business with. He lives in Avoca,Ia.

Back