Two dog day

utahsteve

I haven't been able to get out and call for a while. We have had a warm streak of weather lately, so I was curious if the coyotes would be interested in coming to the call. My brother and I were able to squeeze in an afternoon last Saturday. Our first taker of the day surprised me by coming in from behind and must have ran right past my truck to get to the bunny blues. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and as I turned he saw me. I had to turn completely around to get a shot but I was already busted and this dog lived to see another day. Oh well!!!
The next stand worked a little better. We called in to a flat and wide barren basin. After about 10 minutes here comes a little male from real far off. He came straight in to about twenty yards and held still long enough for a shot. BANG FLOP! We drug him back for a picture.
MattCoyote004.jpg

Next stand was in my favorite spot that has already produced 4 this year. We set up and started out with some jack rabbit distress and a couple of howls. After about 5 minutes this female came hauling in from about 600 yards out. We quit calling but she only slowed down once and came in on a string. I whistled her to a stop at 50 yards and we were able to connect on our second of the day.
MattCoyote005.jpg

It started to get dark after that and we figured we better quit while we were on top. FUN DAY!

Wow, sounds like you guys had a good day. Nice looking country. Looks kind of like a favorite honey hole of mine... Northern or Southern Utah??

Back