A few more Swedish Reds

ArticFox,

Great story and Pics, I was looking forward to this since last March when you posted your end of the season run. Looks like a great place to call reds. We have our fun here with grays and areas of the US have really good coyotes to call but not too many places left here where we can call in reds like that any more. Keep em comming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rocky

Last edited:
Lenneskog, you are right about the cameraman (you should have seen the size of that big black camera sticking out in a white landscape, and moving a lot of the time!), but that is only half the story as they wanted me to sit out more open than I usually like to do so I could be seen in wiew. By camera and, I fear, by foxes. But they were nice and they paid me, so it was OK...
Moving was really slow though and we only had time for 5 stands in two mornings and one evening... (But the spots were really interesting and I wonder how many foxes actually saw us before we saw our first! At least once the cameraman was quiet long enough for me to hear something running in the woods behind him...)
I'll make one trip for beavers but I will hunt seals a lot more once it opens on April 16.

Sounds like fun......here in Soderhamn the salmon breeders have really big problem with the seals, and the fishermen complain about the 17 seals that are stationary at the river Ljusnans powerplant. The person who are responsible for keeping the seal number down has claimed that he have forgot to sight his rifle this season, the fishermen are not happy i can tell you that.

Back