Tikka Rifle

sct

I just recently got a new Tikka in .243. My problem is finding scope rings. I need some help. Are the dovetail rings exactly the same as a Sako? Whats the best way to go and not spend a small fortune? I can order Millett rings for about $28.00 if Tikka and Sako are interchageable. Will medium be high enough for a 40 mm scope? Any suggestions? Thanks alot.

I don't profess to be and "expert" here, but I think the Weaver #61 bases will fit your rifle and the Millette system will also fit your Tikka. The Millett system is what I have on my Tikka Master Sporter in 22-250 caliber. They are matte, so they don't reflect light. I ordered them direct from Millett and I think with shipping and handling it came to about $51.00. I can't find the invoice so I don't know what the model number was nor is there any number on the rings or bases. Sorry I can't be more specific on the Millett part number, but if you contact them or maybe visit their Web site (if they have one) I'm sure they will help you out. I think I called them and placed my order. If you get the correct part number, you can probably get a better price from one of the advertisers on this board or from a shooting supply store on the Web.

Don't know about the Sako rings, I put Tikka rings on mine. I got a better price on them than the Millet rings, too. They already had them in stock at the store where I bought the rifle (Scheels). I was able to use the low Tikka rings on mine with a 40mm scope. Have fun with the new rifle, I was able to get sub 1" groups with mine right out of the box with factory .223 ammo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the help. I'll check with Millet and see what they say. I need to figure it out and get started shooting. Thanks again fellows.

Just got my first tikka myself, only thing I could find in this area were weaver #61 bases, need 2. I mounted a weaver 4-16 scope, tried several rings setups what I ended up using were the lowest weaver rings I had around the house. makes a good low setup with that scope. If you go with the weaver, be sure to get plain old #61, as they also come with a couple of letter prefixes.mine were gloss black stock #48061. Good luck with the new rifle, haven't shot mine yet as its deer season here in Pa.
Barry

A question for the people that use a Tikka , are not the dove tails the same as the Sakos or am i missing something .
I have heard several people mention different type of rings but no one has mention anything about Leupold bases for Sakos . As much as i hate to say it the Leupold have a strong lock up on the dove tail base and are not all that expensive
( $30-$40 range ).

Sean

I called Millett tonight and the guy told me that the Tikka and Sako rings are different. I havn't been in much of a hurry because it's deer season here in North Carolina also. I can't decide what to do. The weavers would be my fastest option but I guess I'll do some checking around before I decide for sure.

Back