.22-250 -> .22WMR Cartridge Adapter

lwhitsell

I have found a Cartridge Adapter that will allow me to fire .22WMR from my .22-250. It is made by Lothar Walther and it is NOT permanent; just a little "cartridge". Has anyone heard of these? Accuracy? Reliability? ANY help would be appreciated!

Why? Well, I want to hunt for squirrels on public land here in TX and the place only allows .22 rimfire. I'd like to use my Savage 12FV and this adapter. Plus it would be a nice way to introduce my wife to shooting. cheaper and less BANG!

Thanks for any information you have!

Welcome to the board lwhitsell! ;D

Those adapters have been around for a long time. They made ones for 22LR 50 years ago. The 22LR ones are not too good as the 22LR bullet is a bit too small. Maybe the 22Mag will work better.

Good Luck

Jack

Thanks for the welcome, Jack!

Well, I called Lothar Walther's (who make the adapter) Georgia manufacturing facility and the gentleman on the phone said that .22LR/.22WMR/.22Hornet are all available. He also said that the .22Hornet would give the best accuracy due to the fact that it has the same diameter as 22-250. However, the 22Hornet is still centerfire, which would not meet my needs. Also, he said these adapters should shoot within 6 inches at 25 yards! WELL, GREAT! What is that, a whopping 24MOA?? That will really come in handy when I draw down on a grey squirrel at a range of 50 yards! Maybe I'll just shoot at the one's that are 4 feet in diameter.
HA.... I don't know, maybe this was "worst case scenario" Corp-speak but I get the feeling he was trying to tell me something..... $(*#(&@$#*(

I'll keep you guys posted!

Anyone else have any experience with these cartridge adapters? Thanks.

Originally posted by lwhitsell:
[qb]Also, he said these adapters should shoot within 6 inches at 25 yards! WELL, GREAT! What is that, a whopping 24MOA?? [/qb]
Wow! Sounds like you could do better with a sling-shot or just throwing rocks!

Glenn

Does anyone else have any knowledge or experience with cartridge adapters? I have run out of dependable resources. Thanks in advance...

Back