Remington 541-T-HB

Ron LeClear

Hi,
I just got a used Rem. 541-T HB from a fella at my shooting range. It's about 95% and sporting a 4-12 Bushnell Banner scope.
I have been doing some research on the Web and what I found is that it is no longer in production. Do we have any folks out there that knows why they are not making them any more? Was this gun just not selling or did people not like it?
I had some CCI Mini-Mags with me and 20 rounds all went into a 3/4 inch dot at 50 yards....The fella said it would do a lot better with some standard vol. .22LR and seemed a bit put-off that it didn't shoot better than it had. I thought it was GREAT!!!
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

Ron

Remington has to cut cost so, this great rifle was scratched in order to make the 597 semi-auto series. Cheaper to make! Having expensive quality firearms is not good for business! I guess That means Kimber will be going out of business?? Yea, Right!! I would pay double for a 541-T or S before getting a barrel load of the stuff they make now.

I've 2 541T's. One is the HB and the other is standard. Both shoot what your's does with CCI Mini-Mag HP's. Great 22's except for the plastic mags. Yep, they cost too much too manufacture so they were dropped. We were paying a good price for them so that's not a good excuse. They cost $330-360 and that's premium for a 22. I understand the new semi 597's will shoot well but I don't think they'll match the bolt 541's.

Back