Scheels sells HDR's?

I am starting to get the hdr bug from being on here so much. Forgive me for being so dump but is that a good brand/rifle. I know a lot about the traditional hunting rifles but very little about the hdr's always thought they were not very accurate and the whole machine gun look. I have found from being on here that i was missing a whole other side of predator hunting.

Sodaktrapper,

Her in Bis. and in ND Scheels stores, they are selling DPMS. That is their "distributor" for HDR's. Talked with the manager of the firearms dept., he said that "DPMS is who they are contracted with." Not 100% concrete on this but Scheels usually stays with same "contracted companies" through out all their stores, so my guess would be that you probably seen a DPMS.

One note of caution on the DPMS . . . my uncle bought the .308 DPMS LR with compensator and he ordered a gun case and the rifle doesn't fit in the gun case. He called them back and they apparently said 'well, this one time we'll refund your money, but you ordered the gun case and you should have known what you were buying'. On top of that, they are telling him that he has to pay shipping to return the gun case. This would all be fine and good EXCEPT he bought the gun and the gun case at the same time - so they knew the compensator would make the rifle too long for the case, but didn't put 2 and 2 together until he received his bag of goods. Paying for shipping isn't that big a deal, but the customer service sounds like it needs a lot of work.

I bought a DPMS .223 LR with JP trigger from Scheels. I researched quite a bit before purchase and Scheels had the best price. I love the gun so far!

I shop at the Scheel's in Cedar Falls , Iowa . They have several models of DPMS . They said at first , they only would sell target models and not anything light weight or iron sights . They didn't want any flack about selling any "Asault Weapons"........most of the ones they have here are heavy barrles , flat top , and some with fluting . I did see they now have HDR's in the carbine configuration. The guy said the sold about 16 last month and they are selling well . ....but that the next ones they get will take about six months to get......DPMS builds on order and not to stock pile so you have to wait as your oder comes around....

Back