I went to bucklin Mo friday night

vargy49

It was a out side hunt.IT was a deer proof hunt.
If a hound ran a deer the front hound was scratched and they tryed breaking the race up.I took 5 hounds to this hunt.
The weather was real crappy. The wind was blowing hard and was cold.
The tracking conditions really bad.
I decided to take my Hunter hound after i checked the weather before i left.
There was only 3 hounds scratched for running deer and that was in the first 1/2 hour after cast time.
This was a 5 hour speed and drive hunt.
I placed 4th place with my Hunter hound.

KTTEO-b-100.JPG

Vargy

great jon to the both of you... although i have never actually met you or your hunter hound i sure do feel like i know you guys and i love that hound for some strange reason!!! it seems like all the pics you sent me have him headfirst after a yote!! great job

mike this hunt was all day light and no stomping in the woods. we did all the scoring from the trucks. You had to see the game to get a score. we were paired up with another hunter. we all had marine radios and stayed in touch. we would track the hounds to keep track on where they were. My partner and i had 3 crossings that we scored and scratched one for running deer!!

Joe Yes my Hunter hound is my fav hound. I raised him from a litter out of my old Misty hound. He is not a real fast hound but a hard steady driving hound with enough grit to pull a yote out of a hole by him self!! I havent seen to many people that dont like ol Hunter!!
He will turn 7 years old in may!!
Its to bad they have to get old!!

Vargy

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Vargy,

I also notice you learned your lesson and have a shovel strapped right to the top of the dog box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

You were less than an hour west of my house.

My Brother in law runs hounds all over North Missouri.

I really enjoy listening to hounds put the heat on a coyote.

Really good looking hound, and performs just as well..

Congratulations,

Clayman

Last edited:
Back