Top Ten Reasons I Hate Working In Mannhatten

Grunter

1 - Have to leave my truck at train station and wonder all day if it will have wheels on it when I return. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2 - Round trip adds 6 hours to my 12 hour work day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3 - Cant scout for good hunting spot cause it dark out when I leave and dark out when I return.

4 - Trip over that same damn dead guy in Grand Central terminal every morning (You would think they would at least kick him down by the tracks or something). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5 - The train ride is so rough I cant hold on to my tray of 4 large Dunkin Donuts coffees (Needed to lube my eyes during the three hour commute)

6 - Have to transfer at Grand Central to the subway and end up standing next to the dead guys semi-live brother (And you thought a week-old dead coyote smells bad!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

7 - Job site is right across the street from the Stock Exchange. With the Police blockades and dog teams I cant get away with packing a side arm to protect myself from the dead guy's brother in-law (The one on the subway with the dead guys other six brother in-laws who want to part you from your wallet)

8 - Never get to see my family (Wife is O.K. with this but complains when she has to bring my boy to Scout meetings)

9 - Pass Ground Zero every morning and I get a sick feeling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

10 - Every morning the dead guys sister stops me on the street corner and ask's me if I want to have a good time. I reply; Id love too but Im very late. I missed the subway train because I was in the bathroom at Grand Central cleaning four cups of coffee off my coat and pants. I had to seek medical attention after tripping over your brother and cracking my head on a garbage can. My nose is bleeding from standing next to your other brother for ten minutes on the 4 train and I aint got enough money cause your Brother in law's Borrowed my wallet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Wow 6 hours to and from work.I really like my small town now.6 blocks from work and if I want to call before the sun goes down all I have to do is drive to the edge of town.5 minute drive would be stretching it.And after that hunting country for miles in any direction.

I live in a smallish size town. That why it takes so damn long to get down there. 45-60 minute drive depending on how much dirt they threw over the 2" of ice on the road the night before and 1 1/2 to 2 hours on the God forsaken mass transit system. I actually drove down last week to drop off the gang box and it took even longer, not to mention 50$ for parking and 40$ for gas and tolls! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dave

Holy cow.

There is so much you deal with daily that I can not even imagine.I think I will bury my head back in the sand and be glad life is simple as it is around here.

Terry

Move to rural Montana. Get ready for culture shock. In some places here you can drive as far as you are now and never see another car. You will not make as much $$$$$, but you will live a whole lot longer.

Scrog That!! I have a hard time having to just drive THROUGH San Antonio at 5:20am. with almost no traffic to get to work every morning!! ABORT,ABORT,ABORT!!!!
Trashcan
DCC

Yeah that's why I never took any jobs in NYC...F that. Philly is bad enough, but probably 1/4th of what you deal with getting in and out of NYC.

It's worse here in Idaho. You don't want to move this way. We don't even have computers here, much less the internet. I hear we're supposed to get dial-up soon, anybody know what that means? No more switchboard and party lines?

I think I'll take a 20 minute drive into the Owyhees and see if I can't kill something.

Quote:
I think I'll take a 20 minute drive into the Owyhees and see if I can't kill something.

Jlindholm70,

Your cutting me deep man!!

Saturday is my last trip down to Hell untill the end of April /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

AviD,

What you said! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Damned if I didnt trip over that freeking dead guy again this morning. They just moved him to the other platform. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Dave

Here is a picture of the Dead guy's, wife's, Step-Uncle outside Grand Central. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Alcohol%20research.jpg

I'll probably be tripping over him tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

Quote:
Here is a picture of the Dead guy's, wife's, Step-Uncle outside Grand Central. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Alcohol%20research.jpg

I'll probably be tripping over him tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

Just don't call him a homeless guy or a bum. They are now referred to as "urban outdoorsmen." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
They are now referred to as "urban outdoorsmen."

When I was a kid they were called bums, wino's, hobo's, and tramps. They still look the same, smell the same too. Apparently, the Libs have endowed them with sophistication to make them more acceptable? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Alcohol%20research.jpg

Dave

Now you shouldn’t do anything that would lower this guy’s self-image. If you help him raise his self-image there’s no limit to what he might achieve. So give him $10 and within an hour or so his self-image will be way up there. Of course after he passes out and wakes up with a massive hangover his self-image will need some more work.

Give them a dignified name and you might get their vote! If that doesn't work, maybe a pint of the cheap stuff in return for a trip to the polls. "Remember now, check every name with a D beside it." LOL

Sorry Grunter, I just can't imagine living or working in a place like that. Then again, I'm sure there's a lot of folks that can't imagine living in a place like Idaho. I can't imagine having to go through what you described just to get to work every day. I feel for ya man.

Back