cabela's alaskan guide scopes

schloss

anybody used cabela's alaskan guide scopes? i'm not looking at their cheaper lines, but the better looking series - at the 2-7x, specifically. how do they compare to a VXII?

THEY ARE MADE BY LEUPOLD!!!! I have a friend that's an insider, I just found this out. I will be ordering one when I return from vacation. I was telling another friend about it, he said he had one and dropped his rifle with the Alaskan out of his tree stand. It took a direct hit. He sent it back to Cabelas, the return scope came direct from Leupold but had no marking (no Cabelas or Leupold)!!! It is a VARI-X III!!! They made the objectives bigger so Cabelas would have to buy the sunshades directly from Leupold.
The only negative that I can see (that was brought up by another friend) is the resale value. I don't buy things like this thinking about the resale value, I buy them to hunt with.

I have two 6.5-20x44 w/ MilDot Redicle Alaskan Guides (One on my 10/22 and one on my DPMS AR-15) and another 6.5-20x44 Duplex redicle on my Savage .243! IMO these scopes are about the best you can get FOR THE MONEY! I'm very impressed by these optics. (there is a sticker on the bottom of one of mine that says "inspected by KENKO") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I bought an Alaskan Guide scope (6-24X40 w/ mildot)about 5 years ago and have had it on a Rem 700 (.243 Win) since. Very clear, very pleased with the purchase. Felt like I got a REALLY GOOD scope for a very fair price. And, if you do have problems, you're dealing with Cabela's. In 15 years of doing business with these folks, their customer service has YET to dissapoint me.

so are these actual US made leupold scopes, or is this an overseas operation? trying to figure how they're so much cheaper than a VXIII.

I have the Alaskan Guide scopes and the Alaskan Premium Guide Scopes. Both are excellent values for the money. I would rank the Premium model equal to or better than higher priced scopes without maybe $1000 + scopes. These are extremely bright and sharp optics, and have never failed me in shooting and hunting. I am about to order my 4th Premium scope soon. They are a genuine value !

Shhhh! I don't want everyone to know about them. I have several 4.5-14 alaskan guide scopes and I recommend them to everyone. With an inside to get them at a discount (215 about) the best scope for the money. Prefer them to VX-II.

I really couldn't tell you where they are made or by who, the only thing I can say is that you WON'T be disappointed!! Once again they are excellent optics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

i agree they are quality scopes. a friend of mine bought one and i mounted it on a 243 for him. but they dont look like any leupold i have ever seen and if they were a leupold they are imported like the green ring binos. not made in USA

Back