Ryank Sorry

Jason El Paso

Ryank I can get the HK but I cannot sell it to the general hunter
frown.gif
only the Police people with a lot of RED tape too. Sorry Ryank. You can get a KIT and go that way I have seen many HK kits on the two longguns that you would like to have in shotgun news! you can order everthing that you need to build them.

Thank you for your time Jason. I guess deep down I knew it wouldn't happen but just had to try.

I went and bought the latest S.News and paged thru it over and over again. This is what I found.......

Start with a basic G3 or HK91
Add a PSG1 buttstock, trigger group, and pistol grip. These are the parts that I have been able to find.

Parts that I haven't been able to find....

Barrel, Forend, Reciever, and whatever else is needed to complete it. (Your the gunsmith, you tell me what I'm forgetting)
smile.gif

Also, to get the G3 or 91, I need an FFL, and I'm pretty sure I would need one for a reciever also. I know alot of gun dealers that would be happy to order me this stuff so that shouldn't be a problem. But the question I have is this... when I order the reciever is it going to have that ugly rough finish or is it going to have a smooth finish. All the G3's I've seen have the rough looking reciever, I don't recall what the 91's looks like. Can you or anyone else help me figure that out?

Anyway, again, I thank you for your time.
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

I am not sure on the finish look of the reciever you can call them to find out. Once again I am sorry that I could not get you one.

[This message has been edited by Jason El Paso (edited 03-30-2001).]

Ryan, just a quick question, whats the going price for a PSG-1?
I talked to the guy who I was tellin you about that thought he might have somewhere to get them, and he told me he would check and see if they were still going to be coming. He said that he could get you one for the dealer price, which he said was 7,000! I about passed out, I dont know if they really should be that much or not, but thats a HELLUVA lot of money for a gun!
Either way, I should know within a week or so if they are getting them or not.

Rhino,

At 7000 I would be making a steal! As of last I heard the sticker on one is 10,875 lots of money for a gun yes, but worth it? MOST DEFINATLY!

Jason,

That is quite alright, odds are I will never be able to have an acctual honest to god psg1 but I'm going to keep trying till the day I die. Maybe god will sell me one in heaven.
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

Just a quick queston, what the HECK makes a gun woth 10grand?
I mean, a collectible, MAYBE, but a brand new gun, its just a gun man!

Maybe I dont know something that I should about an HK psg1, so inform me Ryan! Inquiring minds want to know!

Take a look at this Rhino, it was from along time ago so the price he shows has more then doubled since then, but he goes over the good points of the PSG1.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/psg1/psg1.htm

After going there, take a look at this page:

http://www.hkpro.com/psg1.htm

And finally...... my take on the rifle:

The PSG-1 is said to be the most accurate semi-auto in the world. There is a lot of other rifle manufacturers that will dispute this, but the PSG-1 has become the standard that the others must meet. The accuracy standard that all PSG-1's must meet is 50 rounds of match ammo into an 80mm (3.14") circle at 300m. (1 MOA). Keep in mind this is 50 rounds, not a 3 shot group. The PSG-1 is popular in some Special Op units and elite anti-terrorist units. It really does not lend itself well to the Military environment because of 2 reasons. First it ejects the shells about 10 meters, and this can easily give away a position, and also is a pain to try and police your brass to prevent leaving a target identifier. The second reason is that it only can be fitted with the Hensoldt 6x42 sight. No other sight can be used (Short of grinding off the mount and welding on your own type base). The 6x is only set up to be used out to 600 meters, and thats the start of the optimal engagement range for military snipers (From 600-700 meters). Rumor has it that H&K is addressing this problem and have came up with a different system that allows you to switch out scopes. It is an outstanding Police Sharpshooter weapon, but most agencies cannot afford the price tag (about $11,000 USD), which is why it usually shows up in only the most elite units.

Why do I want one you ask? I ask you, Why wouldn't I?
biggrin.gif

------------------
ryanspheasantlogo.jpg

http://www.predatormasters.com

Darn ryank you can make a guy feel like a little speck of dirt. just keep rubbing in that nice looking rifle at me.

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

PSG-1 you say? I graduated from a Law Enforcement Counter Sniper/Marksman school. This was one of the weapons the school had there to shoot. I fired about 25-30 rounds from the rifle. I shot some groups, ridiciously easy with the trigger set for ounces, not pounds. The version I shot had a Leupold V-III 6x24 scope. I don't know if the school had modified the rifle or not. It surely is one sweet weapon.

------------------
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always Right!"

Back