Tikka Trigger

shotgun

I just picked up a Tikka Whitetail 22-250 but the manual was missing...anyhow,

does anyone know what the factory set trigger pull is?

any info on adjusting the trigger?

also, are ther any aftermarket clips?

thanks

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~one shot.....one kill~

All firearms manufacturers I have had contact with are more than willing to supply a manual free of charge. Give tham a try.....

------------------
Critr
www.SaguaroSafaris.com
fea064de.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.predatormasters.com/

Shotgun,
I've got a friend that has 2 Tikka's and he's
searched everywhere for aftermarket clips with no luck. I thought he told me the factory clips were around $60.00 bucks is this true?
He has had the triggers adjusted on both of his rifles by a part-time gunsmith he knows. I'll get as much info as I can and I'll e-mail you

Chuck

CR....

Yes. they are expensive. A dealer near here can get the 3 shot for around $40-45 and the 5 shot for $55-60....thats why Im looking for an alternativesource.

If I wasn't so used to carring an AR with two extra clips it probably wouldn't bother me so much. I'm sure lots of guys on this board carry single shots and non clip fed guns, but I always like to be ready kind of for a "situation".

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~one shot.....one kill~

shotgun--here is a link for Tikka aftermarket clips. They aren't cheap and if you are looking for one to use in a 22-250, you may want to get one for the 243/308. Otherwise the clip for the 22-250 may be too short to allow seating the bullets out so they are close to or touching the lands. I know in my Tikka Master Sporter, the magazine is too short to fit the bullets when seated near the lands.
http://www.tyko.com/tikkamtsmags.htm

The trigger is quite easy to adjust. I think you should probably buy a metric allen wrench for this procedure, but I used my standard non-metric set. Here is the illustration and under it I will list the exact instructions listed on page 16 of my TIKKa M595/695 RH Manual.

Trigger+Adjustment+Figure.jpg

STANDARD TRIGGER MECHANISM
-The trigger has no first pull and the trigger pressure is set at the factory to approx. 15N.
-Both the sear engagement and safety are set at the factory and need no adjustment of any kind.
-Should you wish to alter the trigger pressure, the stock must first be detached. To do this, remove the trigger guard fastening screws.
TRIGGER ADJUSTMENT (Figure above)
-The trigger pull is adjustable from 10 N to 20 N by means of the screw 1.
-Turning the screw clockwise will increase the pressure. Turning the screw counterclockwise will reduce the pressure.
NOTE! FOR SAFETY REASONS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REDUCE TRIGGER PRESSURE BELOW 10 NEWTON (2 LBS).
-When assembling the firearm always remember to put the aluminum recoil block into place in the stock.

I hope this will be of some assistance to you shotgun. There is some gummy, rubber-like substance on the screw 1 that keeps it from vibrating loose. I had to turn mine out to the point it was contacting the metal piece that comes down from the top-front of the trigger mechanism. I adjusted it to approximately 2 lbs of pull. I haven't fired it yet, but the trigger feels real smooth.

[This message has been edited by Silverfox (edited 04-18-2001).]

Silverfox:

Thanks for the great info on the trigger and the insight on the clips. Since I don't reload these (yet!), I think that it would be good to keep future options open. (the picture didn't show up on this end) (nevermind, after exiting and re-entering it showed up - better late than never! thanks)

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
one shot~one kill

[This message has been edited by shotgun (edited 04-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by shotgun (edited 04-21-2001).]

Back