Cocker Spaniel as a coyote lure dog?

260_Rifleman

What do you think?
Too small and slow?
She sure does like to track and retrieve but I am guessing she is just not fast enough to get back to me with a coyote in tow. Might get lucky a few times but sooner or later she might get ambushed by a coyote or a pair.

I could keep her in close cause she minds good ....but....

using a dog as lure, the dog will have to defend itself at sometime and the cocker will get chewed and probably get killed. it happens don't use a a dog that isn't real aggressive and has lots of big shiny teeth

Varmintal (varmintal.com) takes his lab out with him on a leash. He says the dog spots lots of movement he might have missed so it is still a good idea to take your Cocker, just keep her leashed up.
cb

Having the dog on a leash will still draw coyotes in.I have an older dog that doesn't range far and often times coyotes will come in with the dog just sitting beside me.

id like to take my wifes cocker out and not bring it back.. hahaha..that thing has to have the weakest bladder of any breed ive ever seen.. if someone pulls in the driveway it starts barking and pizzing everywhere... i just cant bring myself to waste the bullet..YET.. hahahaha..

Back