mounting bobcats

MPFD

What is the average price range for mounting a bobcat and what will the price include. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:
I charge 600 for a life size bobcat.. Habitat base would be optional. You can expect to pay anywhere from 500 to 1200 for a mount depending on who you use, where your located and what exactly you want done.
Best bet is to check out the taxidermists in your area go to their shop look at the mounts they have done. If you like their work pay them to do it.. Dont go somewhere based on price. Ive seen some really nice work go for cheaper and some really bad work go for higher priced.. Go with the one who will do what you want done.. The price is not that big a deal when you think about how many years youll be staring at that mount.. You want to be proud of it.. not look at it and see a horribe mount that you wish you had paid someone else to do it right... Cats are harder to do than deer so make sure you SEE some of the cats they have done..Just because someone is an expert and creating life like deer doesnt mena they can do the same on a bobcat..

From what I've seen around here it is between $400-600. It is hard to find someone who can do a good job on them...I have seen more botched bobcat mounts then anything else. Do a little research on the taxidermists before hand.

For $350,if the cats eyes aren't crossed and its face doesn't look like someone is squeezing his parts with a pair of vise grips,you better jump on that price.Like everyone said,to me a bobcat's face is one of the hardest animals to get done right.I have seen very few cats,that look the same mounted as they did when they were alive.If you could photograph a trapped bobcat from many angles and give it to your taxidermist and tell him you want its face to look like the photo or the mount would be free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.That might get interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.take care,daveyboy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Here's what $400.00 will get ya' here. The kitty looks better than the pic shows.

MVC-030S.jpg

I feel the same way about coyote mounts also.Having two close friends that are taxidermists I am lucky one specializes in birds the other is awesome with mammals. Like you siad about the Bobcats facial expression I feel coyotes look like something out of a horror movie when some taxidermists are finished with them.

Insist on seeing photos. If they have only done a few why pay to be their learning curve. If they have done a buch then they should have a portfolio of their accomplishments.

Its like building a house. Dont go with the cheapest if his past house looks like hell. Try this link and search out of state most award winning taxidermist are willing to ship anything aywhere. I am in Massachusetts and my deer heads and recent coyote all go to Georgia.

web page
Scroll down to taxidermists links, click on that and you will see a map where you click on the state and get a list of all the web sites for the state you clicked on. From there you can see the portfolio of work as well as getting ideas for style and habitat.

Good luck.

I just dropped one off for a full body mount about a month ago. Total price will be $550 with it walking on a log. I originally wanted it walking down a rock shelf, but that would have been $700.

I talked with a number of people that had mounts done and visited the taxidermist before bringing my cat in. Fortunately, he had three cats he had just completed that were waiting to be picked up.

Now I only have to wait about nine more months to get it. Yeah, this guy stays busy.

I have a freezer full of furs that I'd like to get mounted some day, but I have yet to find a bobcat or coyote mount that I really liked. It's a pretty large investment for me and I want it to be absolutely realistic looking.

Based on this discussion, I started doing some search on the internet. Found a few (same guy) that actually turns my head and looks realistic.

sm5-bobcat.jpg

sm7-coyote.jpg

sm13-Red%20Fox2B.jpg

greyfox1.jpg

Tony

That is some great work... the cat looks the best I have ever seen! The faces are the hard part on the cat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I was going to skin it out and make a wall hanger. Everone that has seen it has tried to talk me out of skining it.
It's about 37 lbs. How does that rate amoung big bobcats?

Last edited:
Back