Best Light for Night hunting

Any metal working shop will have it. You may also be able to pick some up at a local hardware store. It is nothing more than a stain used to lay out refrence lines on metal.

For what it is worth, I have two Lightforce units and am very happy with them. I have had no malfunctions and use them often.

I bought them from H2Rick and he provided excellent service.

BTW, I am often curious as to how people arrive at figures of what something "should cost." At best, unless someone has inside knowledge, they are simply wildly guessing at a company's profit margin on a given product. I've own a business for over 10 years and I am amused when people voice price objections based solely on emotions (ie opinions). They never seem to be able to break down the numbers.

To make an educated guess here you'd need a lot of information: cost of goods, labor overhead, real estate costs, insurance, state and federal taxes, labor costs (see taxes!), R&D costs, shipping, financing costs, etc., etc., etc. Add to this that, in the case of Lightforce, you are dealing with a product produced in a foreign country--that means it doesn't even start with US currency and exchange rates vary. Add to that the added fees of customs brokerage, entry, etc.--all that crap drives up costs. Thank the government there.

Bottom line: C'mon, you mostly get what you pay for. The market works. If you don't think the Lightforce is a good value then build a better, less expensive light which sells for less money. Put your own capital on the line and give it a try.

Back