Best Light for Night hunting

I just use a spotlight with a red lens but it is hard because most of the time I am by myself so if your going solo then get the scope mount for the shot but keep the spotlight for lookin!

Funny you say that, to date I have not had any issues with my light force. It works great. Could things be better? Probably, but no problems with my unit.

Ok thanks for the info and I want to put one on the AR I am ordering soon from Dtech.
What mods will I need to do to the tuff light? I just looked at them on the web and they look reasonable in price.... How long does the battery last?

Last edited:
So far I have to say I like my Walkabout purchase. But if I had to say which is the BEST spotlight for night hunting predator's, My opinion is it would be the PMGC light. If you think a Lightforce is pricey, you DEF won't spend $465.00 for a light.

Quote:
2 1/2 hours Full-On, 6-7 hours using the BPS (Electornic Reo-Stat) on the top of the battery bag..........

Rick i left this open ended question figuring you would answer and let him know about the bad switches and the lighter cord socket.

Very disapointed.

Hammer

There all not going bad, just some are...........

Anyone who reads these posts know of the switch/cig. plug problems with them (if they have that Problem)......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
So some of the lights systems are having issues with the regulater switch. What type of problems and how easy are they to fix.

I don't know what problem people speak of when it comes to the switch, but I noticed mine came loose from constant off and on use from the truck. I had to tighten the ring around it about every half hour or so...not a big deal to me, and an easy fix.

Yeah hammer even though My light force broke at the cigerate plug I will take yours if ya dont want it. I havnt called the peopel rick told me to get in touch with yet but I will monday.

Quote:
Hammer I will gladly take your problem light away!PM me for my address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did you get my PM for your address?

Thanks

Hammer

The In-line switch next to the scope light, can be replaced by a In-Line 110volt Lamp switch $1.98 at Home-depo/Lowes...

Cig plug on end of cord,sold at $2.99/fused.wal-mart/ 6.99 HD Raido shack ect, pre-wired, if needed to be replaced suggest using Blue butt connectors and Heat shrink tubing for Easy fix......

There both easy fixs, if you have that problem and don't want to call lightforce for a replacement light........for the small wireing repair..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif....if you have a problem....

Outside of a couple problems (if you have one) its still the Best Night Hunting Light on the Planet.......

These problems are only the beginning for you guys give it a bit of time,i don't mean to put down the lightforce 170,but i spent alot of money modifiying everything from the whole light to the wall charger and batteries.There is no way this light should cost over $200,Australia is a said case with this light with the cheap craftmanship and quality they used.I would say the light should sell for about $40 to $50,if the companys don't like what i'm writing about what there selling, the lightforce 170,that's to bad,i have a right to give my own honest opinion.People need to know the truth and not be steered the wrong weay,it's not fair.Sorry to sound rude.Oiler.

Oiler, you have every right to post your opinion - that's the beauty of the PM forums. I had to modify my lightforce, too, but that was after going through 4 other spotlights and finding them all worthless. Nightblaster and Optronics were two spotlights that truly disappointed me. Out of the 4 spotlights I owned prior to the lightforce, two are in the garbage and two are in a box collecting dust. The nice thing about the lightforce is the fact that I can modify it. True, for over $200.00 a fella shouldn't have to modify the lightforce - and you're right to complain about it. I would have complained about it, too, but it took me 10 - 15 minutes to modify mine so I figured what the heck, just fixed it up and moved on. I've said this before regarding the other spotlights I've owned, but I feel it warrants repeating - you cannot polish / modify a turd - you can only flush it away or try to sell it to someone else. Maybe one of the reasons I defend lightforce so strongly is the fact that when a fella goes night hunting in my part of the world, his equipment better work or he's just out there freezing his arse off. When my lightforce finally failed (almost 2 years after buying it), it took me about 15 minutes in the field to fix it. Granted, I was NOT happy about it - I got it fixed and moved on. All the best to you, Oiler, and I wish you luck in future night hunting.

Back