tuff yotes

carnivorehunter

I called a yote for a buddy this weekend and he put two 22-250 rounds right through the boiler room on this dog. I could literally put my fist all the way through and did just to prove a point to him. But this yote still took off like a rocket and ran about 100 yard before he went down. Now I know that they are some tuff s.o.b’s but I’ve never had one go that far hit so hard

so my question is have any of you had anything happen like that or was that just a tuff dog ?

how far away were yall? what kind of ammo was he shooting? and did he hit anything vital?

ive never had that exactly happen but i put two .243 100gr soft tips into one and tore it up real bad because she was so small and she just spun around til i shot her a third time right in the shoulder

The last one I took, I hit 3 times with a .223 55g SP before he was down for the count. Real tough critters.

They are very tuff, but did you ever notice that, no matter how many times you hit them, if they run they ALWAYS seem to find the nearest creek to jump into before they die??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I shot a coyote at 80 yards and then my partner shot him again and he took off like a rocket. My partner shot again and hit him but he still didn't go down. I waited for him to line out and I shot him in the leg, so we could go up there and finish him off. I am pretty sure the first shot was vital but I didn't disect him to see.
We were shooting 52 grain bullets in our 22-250s.

3 years ago I shot a coyote with a 7mm rem, bullets were winchester ballistic tips.

The dog took a hit right behind the shoulder, entrance hole was quarter sized, exit hole was litteraly the size of a football. It blew out everything from the middle of the shoulder to the back of the ribs. We were camping and 4 people watched me shoot this dog, they said it loked like I shot a watermellon.

Anyhow, after the shot , the coyote did the death spin & broke into a run, she made it about 50 yards, I could not believe that anything could take a hit like that & still move, much less run.

I would post pics but they're a little graphic.

Toughest one I've come across: I called one up for a buddy a few weeks ago. He shot with his 308 and it ran off like it wasn't even phased and we would have counted it a miss if I hadn't found a spot of blood in the snow. Long story short, I tracked it into a creek bed where I found about 6 feet of intestine hanging in some brush, then blood trail for another 400 yards or so until we jumped him again and he was still going strong with half his innerds dragging the ground until I finished him with the 243. I wish I was that tough.

I have never had a coyote run off using the Vmaxes. I had one that I shot at 30 yards that it shattered it's front shoulder in a million peices and it got back up stumbled around like I had spun it 40 times in a circle and was half drunk then it took another 55 grn Vmax to the noggin to lay him down for good but he was to stunned to go anywhere he was in some major shock. But every other one I have ever shot has DRT.
I did have one run off though that I shot 3 times with a FMJ I know for sure that it shattered his shoulder cause he was only using 1 front leg to get out of dog he had blood all down his side that I could see in the scope I hit him once more while he was spinning an once more in the butt as he started to run and we never found him it was in the fall and he ran up into the maple trees with all the orange red and yellow leave and we couldn't find the blood trail.

I shot a yote 4 yrs ago while bear hunting. Shot was approx. 50 yards. I was using a Ruger M77 300 Win. Mag. Nosler 165 gr. SPBT. 72 gr. of 4831. Shot it in the left front shoulder and it ran approx. 200 yards where it crawled down into a hole. Never did get it. Those pesky critters sure are durable!!!!

buddy of mine few years back while out deer hunting for shotgun season, shot a yote while it was running and said he blew of both back legs, later that day we went looking for it and bloodtrailed it, 500 yds later we found it, it dragged itself that far on both front legs, i couldnt believe it, them yotes are tuff little dogs

My worst hunt was when I shot at a coyote at 300 yards. He fell down in his tracks. Shot him right in the chest. Oh I'm sorry thats how all my coyote kills have been. but of course I have only killed maybe 15.
Hmm I must be a better shot then you guys!!!!!
You guys need to practice more!!!!!!
Does this make you mad?
Cause I am only kidding!!! HaHaHaHA

Ok serius now. I called in five young dogs once in August.
I shot the first at 20 yards, the second at 45 yards, the third at 150 yards, the fourth I hit him in the guts. I shot at him again 3 times as he was crawling away. Just could not connect i ran up to 100 yards from him. Shot at him one more time as he dissapeared in the reeds, missed. The barrel of my rifle had warped by then so I couldn't hit anything. Yes they were young and i could wistle and they would stop and look back so I could shoot the next one. But by the 4th one the last two would not stop so i shot him at about 250 yards running away from me. But after that i couldn't hit the ground if i wanted to.

last year me and my partner called up a coyote to about 80 yards or so, he aimed, shot, and the yote turned to run, so i gave him a tx heart shot and he went down. turns our my partner hit him right in the chest and the 180 gr bullet out of his .300 win mag came out right between the shoulders leaving a softball sized hole. i don't know how far he would have gone, but the fact that he didn't drop like a rock amazed me

Back