The perfect breed

svalko

I am from Ontario Canada, and I really enjoy hunting Coyote's with Hounds, but I really wonder what is a real good breed to use. I have a blue tick that is now 10 months old but I use her for deer, but I find it a waste because we can only hunt deer 2 weeks out of a year and she is so smart, I would like to use her for both. Any suggestions on how to get her started on Yote's so I can use her for both.

Thanks I love to here your story's guy's

I dont know how you can run here on deer and yotes at the same time. Most people either break them off yotes are break them off deer!!

Vargy

You're gonna need another dog.
We use Walkers here. I'm sure there are other breeds of hound that will run em. I've seen the run with beagles.
We have a couple of started pups if you are interested. And you are pretty close by. Let me know.

I did it the hard way, starting with 2 young hounds, but looking back I would start with a good finished dog that hunts to suit your style and build from there. Spend the cash to get a finished hound and life will be much easier. As Vargy said more than one hound is a must You can do it with one but it can be hell.

Back