Johnny Stewart Preymaster question???

BHLBAMA

HI I just bought a JS preymaster. I already have a cassette caller and have had good success with it. I was just curious if anyone uses soley a JS preymaster and what are your results???? HOw many animals have you killed using this call alone??? What are the best sounds and soundcards??? ANy Help would be greatly appreciated....????? Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hi, I got a preymaster for Christmas. I have only called 1 coyote with it but I have not been able to go as much as I would like. The coyote was called in with the red shafted flicker sound. Get the crow card with it (if you like to shoot crows) it works awesome.

Coyote #2 is my favorite. The coyote pup distress really gets them to stop if they're running off.

Any of the jack or cottontail distress sounds are GOOD

Not a big fan of the locator on Coyote #3 or the Coy/Wolf barks/howls on Coyote #1. I think they're too deep, but that's just MO

Like the grey fox/coyote fight on Coyote #4 and the grey fox/red fox fight on Red Fox #1. Never called anythiing in with them, but I think they sound cool.

Canine Pup distress is on several of the cards and I like this one too. I've had better luck using this as a locator than the actual locator howls.

the grey fox #1 card is the bomb if you're into hunting grey fox, even called in a bobcat with the greyfox pup this fall.
I've been using the crow audience on the cottontail arsonal with great results crow hunting. I dont have the crow card but I may order one now that I've read this.

Mrtheman...how long did it take to call in the cats with one min.on one off? By the way okie i'm from skiatook okla. there are some great places for bobcats around here but i haven't called one in yet.congrats on your kills

I've been trying to buy one, Bass Pro has a really good price on them right now, the only hitch is that they are sold out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Yeah... they are trying to get them in asap! They are writing rain checks for them. They are expecting them in a few weeks. A little bird told me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just bought mine on Friday night. Made two stands Friday night and called in one Coyote but didn't get a shot.

We made 5 stands on Saturday night and we killed a bobcat on the Flicker sound. We called in coons and/or skunks on every stand.

This was in an area we have hand-called repeatedly in Nov-Dec without any luck.

Ray

Quote:
Yeah... they are trying to get them in asap! They are writing rain checks for them. They are expecting them in a few weeks. A little bird told me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm going to the "big city" tomorrow and will be visiting Bass Pro, if they have them I'll get it, if they don't I'll be getting a rain check since their sale is almost over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well...back from the big city, no caller but I do have a rain check! Eventually they will get some in... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Cool another okie! Maybe we can get together sometime and do some callin. I will be moving back to Stillwater in June. I do a lot of hunting in the KAW WMA and have been wanting to try the Keystone WMA over by Oilton. These cats came from SE Oklahoma. My first cat was less than 5 min. About 10 min on the double.

HH
Mr.T

How loud did you call? How far did the cats come?
Thank
defcon

i've debated on getting this thing for a while now. i might just have to get one. I heard lots of good things about foxpro, but this is cheaper and seems to do the job just right.

I've experienced great success with the crow cards (well, actually just Volume 3. It's the only one I've actually hunted with). If you're into calling crows, pick up those cards!Start with Crow Come Here most of the time. This alone will usually call in and least a few crows. Also, a couple weeks back, I took my PreyMaster out to try and call a coyote on the last day of the season, and had something come in. It was about 40 yards away in the brush and walking slowly.I couldn't positively ID it. If it was a coyote, it was a really red one. It was probablay a red fox, or it could have been the really big ol' orange stray cat i've seen running around my property. Whatever it was, it walked into a brush pile and never came out. It probably caught reflection off my gun. I was using the fawn distress sound.

I got a Preymaster for my birthday and the first week of bobcat season I decided to go call but didnt expect to get anything my first time out.Well I put on the Juvenile Cottontail and waited about a minute or two in between calling and 15 minutes into it I heard something to my left so I looked over and saw the top of a bobcats head creeping through the brush.So I put the crosshairs on its nose and squeezed the trigger and saw him jump and never saw anything else after he hit the ground.So I walked over to where he had been laying and nothing was there so I walked around for an hour trying to find him but never did.I was using my uncles 223 and turns out he had sighted it in at an inch high so I must have shot right over him.I didnt want to admit it so I went out there and looked for him the day after and the day after that but never found it.I also had a coyote howling back with the coywolf/barks/howls but I never saw him and he started barking and I couldnt get him to come in not sure what he was doing but anways thats all I have had respond so far.

Back