Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#640882 - 02/26/07 09:26 PM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: DuaneatSSU]
WICOYOTE Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Mazomanie ,WI
I have hounds in town and no one knows they are there my neighbors pet mut on the other hand every one knows where he is. IMO it is how you kennel train them, and I beleave if they are adults you can still train them. Tritronics no bark collars work wonders.

#640883 - 02/27/07 10:21 AM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: WICOYOTE]
elks Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central WY
Quote:

I have hounds in town and no one knows they are there my neighbors pet mut on the other hand every one knows where he is. IMO it is how you kennel train them, and I beleave if they are adults you can still train them. Tritronics no bark collars work wonders.

I agree. If you have a barker, put a collaron it. My pointer is the most barking dog I have ever been around. At times he barks just to bark. The collar comes out and he shuts up. So far no complaints from my neighbors. A pair of hounds in town is not different than a pair of labs. Just need to make sure they are trained.

All a man needs in life is open ground good guns and a wife who can skin.

#640884 - 02/27/07 10:55 AM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: elks]
Three 44s Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Washington St.
Baying or barking in town would be a bigger headache than that "pending divorce" but it sounds like collars would fix that .....

Maybe more collars would stave off a divorce? ..... LOL!! Just Kidding.

So far as the "fat hound" .... when you turn those hounds loose ... you might be glad one of them is FAT so you can get into shape .... NOT SAYING YOU ARE FAT .... it's just that a good inshape houndsman can walk a girraffe into the ground ......

Tell your wife this is fitness training .... having and hunting with hounds!

Oh and the kennel .... that's a must!

Build nice digs for your about to be new hounds and leave room for expansion. If you get hooked, you will need more young dogs before long and they will also need digs. And if your plan really goes "gunnysack" you will need to bunk with those hounds!! Buy plenty of flea powder!

As far as dog food goes ... a neighbor buys the 1000 pound totes of bulk food ..... says he'd split some with me .... he does this with other friends ..... says the price is WAY down on name brand dog grub. I have only one dog right now ... a retired Aussie so I have not got with him yet to try some.

You might nose around on this ..... maybe somebody in your area is doing this and wondering who to split some of it with?

GET THEM CATS!!!

Three 44s

Edited by Three 44s (02/27/07 10:58 AM)

#640885 - 03/04/07 10:11 PM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: Three 44s]
WyomingLawDog Offline

Loc: Wyoming, USA
I snt you a PM, as long as you keep the dogs quite, the law will not give you any trouble, I work for Casper PD. If you need help building a kennel let me know, I built one for my lab.

#640886 - 03/11/07 09:46 PM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: WyomingLawDog]
cmiddleton Offline
PM senior

Loc: Mills Wy USA
well folks i decided to keep the wife happy but went hunting with wyolawdog and set him up with the female if things work out.
i knew i should have taken them when i first saw them due to poor living conditions. one of the great peranise puppys has parvo so the female and all her pups are at metro under quarantine. i hope they don't catch it and i hope wyolawdog gets the female. they gave the male away.
i really think they would have caused to much trouble with the girls at my house.

#640887 - 03/11/07 11:00 PM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: cmiddleton]
vargy49 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: iowa city iowa
i wouldnt want them at my farm then!!

Vargy

#640888 - 03/13/07 01:24 AM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: cmiddleton]
Duane@ssu Offline
Retired moderator

Loc: Gods Country
Sorry for that.Having dogs to hunt with is a wonderful thing.If you really want to hunt yotes with dogs try a decoy dog.With proper traing they can live in the house and be a pet ,but when time to go to work a ball of fire.If you want I can point you in the right direction.

"IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK SMART,YOU BETTER RIDE A FAST HORSE"

#640889 - 03/23/07 08:56 PM Re: chance for some hounds [Re: Duane@ssu]
cmiddleton Offline
PM senior

Loc: Mills Wy USA
the pups and the mom came out clean of parvo after quarantine . they go up for adoption tomarrow at metro.
i'm harassing the wife about one again
edit next day
went and saw the pups today and was suprised to see they are a blue tick / black and tan cross.
they will be ready the 30th.
the whole famaly was waiting for me to come home with one.
now i don't know if i want the female or a pup. i'm thinking of a pup and try to train it to find shed antlers enstead of lions. i'm wondering if i did if i'd have trouble keeping it from chasing deer and elk?
i think i could keep up with a shed antler. its not my waight i'm worried about[160 lbs] my lungs. [copd]

Edited by cmiddleton (03/24/07 04:00 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.