Need Info on Other State laws...

elks

I am getting into the process of trying to petition and change the state law here in Colorado that Bans hunting lion with Electronic Calls. I need a list of other states where electronic calls are legal for lions.

Thanks guys....

Elks,
Don't mean to hijack this thread but, what kind of steps are you taking to get the law changed?
We've got some pretty bogus laws in TN & I really want to try & do something about it.

Any advice is appreciated.

RPrince

If your here on the Web you can access just about any state Fish and Game and not only look at their regulations, but by email talk to an officer.

Here's Idaho's F&G Web site and I've had very good luck with any questions to them by email.

Got to tell the truth I don't know about using E callers here on cats. I've never used an E caller or called in a Couger with a mouth caller. I've hunted cats though along with the deer season. Big cats are not something that you see often in the wild here in Idaho. I can count the number I've seen on the fingers of both hands over the last 50 years. Had a yearling in my back yard this fall and seen him twice now.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/hunt/

Elks,its legal here in Arizona.Good luck on your quest,I don't think that is being unreasonable at all in using electronic callers for the big cats.As a matter of fact you might point out the safety factor to your game and fish.There have been a few ole boys using hand calls,that got swatted by a big cat who snuck up behind them and thought they were taking a swipe at a big rabbit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Elks,

May your endeavor bring you great success!

I tried to find such info today from our state game and did not find it ........ I will search more.

As I understand it ..... it's legal here in Washington ... even baiting cats but you can't take that to any bank.

I would suggest you email our gamies and get your info straight from them ...... search "WDFW" for Washington State .....

PM me if that does not do the trick.

Regards

Three 44s

We're still having a hard time to get our Dept of Conservation to openly admit we have them... I've been told by the local agent (in front of witnesses) that if one comes into my caller, thinking it's a rabbit, shoot it..

Back