Concentricity Gauges

Skinny Shooter

Hello,
I am looking to purchase an RCBS Case Master for about $54.
Sinclair has a gauge for about $85.
NECO has one for $145.

Any comments on these three would be helpful.
How many of you also neck turn for any of your guns?

The RCBS and Sinclair will work fine. No sense spending that much money on the other one. Actually for coyote loads there is really no need to get one of those gauges. If your gun groups under an inch at 100 yards you will do fine. Yote Hunter.

I agree
biggrin.gif

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quialty Custom Gunsmithing

Just baught the Sinclar unit.Found out a few interesting things with it.One of my dies and a chamber ar out of round,witch would explain the anoying fliers Iv ben tring to get rid of for years.
You probibly dont need one(espesialy if you can convince a buddy he needs one)but sometimes they are handy and besides whats a reloader with out his or her toys!
shoot straight-shoot often -o-matic

Hi,
Thanks for all of your responses. I shoot chucks also and would like to have the "truest" ammo possible. I agree, for coyotes the target is a bit on the large side. I like the RCBS gauge. BTW, I am that buddy that was convinced to get one...

Actually I have made good use of my NECO gage. It's not so much what it can do for you up front but what you can do with the information you obtain. Case indexing is probably the single greatest innovation to come down the pike in some time, IMO. Assuming about a .002" to .004" runout, I index these bad boys for long range single loaded fire. They shoot good. Save the really straight stuff for rapid fire. This among other pearls is what you learn from the NECO people, as it comes with their instructions. Additionally, you can index case head out of square which makes a difference in headspace, if you full length resize bottleneck cartridges.

I like mine. YMMV.

Regards,
Sharps Shooter.
smile.gif

Back