Jag Terriers

vargy49

I have a buddy in bad need of a couple good jags.
he runs hounds in Minn and has alot of tubes there. just last week he had yotes go in 6 tubes. He needs a couple good jags to fit in the small tubes!!

can any one help me out ???

Vargy

Try this phone # Vargy. It's where I got mine and he has a partner in SD. They breed em big for using on coyotes. Not that big, my female is a very leggy 20 lbs.

712-441-0124 - Dan

CB

i got a 3 legged one but i dont think he is bug enough and my Aunt wont approve.lol. he is a Jack Russell i m not sure. he is about as fsat as a dog with 6 legs.lol

DylanD

Get a Patterdale/fells terrier. They are wicked little hunter's with ZERO fear of anything. They also possess tremendous biting power and will not let go. They are basically tiny pitbull terriers. When selected properly, and down from the right stock, they have generally proven to be DEAD GAME.

Quote:
are the pics on your link those dogs ?

Vargy

NOOOOO....that's my 152 pound American Bulldog. DO a search on google for pic's and info. PhillyBowhunter had one year's ago. That's a bad arse little dog, i'm telling ya! You gotta grab them by the tail and pull them and whatever they have locked in their jaws out of the hole together, cuz they aint letting it go, or coming out unless it's dead!

Many of the "dogmen" I know who have been in the "game" for decades, will tell you they are of the opinion that the Patterdale Terrier is the gamest and most fearless domestic canine on earth. Of course they only weigh between 15 & 20 lbs, so they have some limits. But anything close to their size stands NO CHANCE and is DEAD ON ARRIVAL. When rasised together, they can sometimes be hunted in a pair, but they tend to be VERY VERY animal aggressive as are most good terriers...the problem with them is they are also dog aggressive, and will fight dogs 4 times they're own size....again, they are like a toy version of a well bred American Pitbull Terrier.

Last edited:
what if they are raised around hounds when they are young? do you think they would still be agreasive tword hounds ?

Vargy

Thats the bad part. I always have hounds out and always have my other 2 terriers in my truck with me and will not part with them.
My 2 terriers will give a coon a good working over in a hole and dont bother other dogs. nothing worst then trying to break
a dog fight up!!

Vargy

Yeah, I hear ya there. I guess if you are good at picking out prospects as pups, you may be okay. Try and pick one who is not shy and seems to be outgoing. I know all too well about breaking up dog's. I bred APBT'S for 13 years, and that's where most of dog experience comes from. Great breed of dog, really... but the animal aggression gets to be a PITA after a while. Being as you already have terriers, I'd think they would school the young pup and teach him a lesson should he try to be dominant early on.

I wasn't aware you were an experienced dog man. That helps a WHOLE lot, and I wasn't going to recommend keeping such a game breed with other dog's, to a novice. I once kept a male APBT and a younger male Argetine Dogo together for almost a year, before they began fighting with one another. I ultimately had to get rid of the Dogo. I lost a lot of money doing that, but I learned just how tough that breed really is.
I now know why they are successful hunter's of the huge Argentine boars and the Puma they have over in Argentina... A tireless breed that can track and then course for miles, and still have enough energy to conquer the prey in the end.

Quote:
Now that is a breed I was wondering about. Those Dogo Arentinos. Can they be kept with other dogs? Or are they also dog aggressive?

Mine was actually more people aggressive, but he wouldn't back down from man or beast. They hunt them together in packs, so I'd imagine well bred examples do get along. Much of what we have access to buy here in the states is garbage. Unfortunately, money is the root of ALL evil. People just breed any old thing together, and sell them as "such n such," to inexperienced buyer's and expectant pet owner's.

Guy's are trying to buy black lab's to hunt with, and they wind up with seeing eye dog rejects..it's really sad what people will do for money. Being a fan of the rarer breeds and unusual Molloser's, I have been enlightened over the years. I used to tour the rare breed cicuit with my dog's, and I have met many fine people and seen some SUPER examples of all kinds of neat breeds. The vast majority of these breeds were original working dog's. Be it for hunting, fighting, bull baiting, cart pulling, or protection, they all served a "useful" purpose at some point and time in their history.

I'm sad to say that the puppy peddler's have now honed in on this market of dog too, and it's taking it's toll. They still tout them as rare breeds, and they charge accordingly. Were talking $1,500 to $5,000 for a pup! People are just flat out ingnorant, and rather then take time to study up on a breed, they just pass out the cash for lousy examples. But when I see people buy pup's from the local pet stores, I just shake my head. Anyone who buy's a pure bred canine from a pet store, ought to be sat down and given a lesson. Talk about tossing money away and fraudulent sales, geez.

I could go on for WEEKS, but I'll stop now...LOL. My advice to anyone looking for a Dogo or any other molloser, is to do some serious homework first. Most of the best examples of ALL molloser breeds, now come from Europe.. mainly Germany. They still believe in working them over there, and they will not breed dog's with inferior genetic's. PM me if you want some info about any Molloser breeds. I'm pretty versed in Dogo's, Fila's, Cane Corso's, Canary Dog's, American Bulldog's, Bandogge's, etc etc.

Hey i have been raising Jagds. They are like any terrier. They are the most tenacious hunting dog I have owned. I brought in a older male jagd(yack). This dog was a nice pup. My female hated this dog from the moment i brought him home. It was my fault> when she was a puppy she would get very protective over heer game. I encouraged her. MISTAKE ONE. She would not back down fromany of my big chessies. Well they would back down from her. To make a long story short the male and her got into a fight over a rabbit she killed while we were gone. He killed her. The others i have raised have been trained to honor. They hunt well with other dogs. The dogs are one of the best all around dogs i have owned. I now have three of them. They blood trail, tree, go to ground, retrieve land or water. The beauty is that they are not as hyper as some terriers. The turn it on in the feild though. I try to post some pics of my pups

Brando
Thats one thing i really like about my terriers. I have 2 males and 2 females.
My females are 1/2 treeing fiest and 1/2 jack russle.My little tina will bay all day on a coon and pull a little hair. she loves treeing and catching mice. The other is just nancys little girl.
My 2 males, casey is 1/2 jack and 1/2 fox terrier. He will tree and is one heck of a hole dog. He loves fighting coyotes,coons and about any other critter.
Ace is a full fox terrier and is the youngest. He will tree and pull hair to. He dont fight near as hard as casey but gets right in there and helps.
All 4 of my terriers are easy going and mind very well. I think the ticket for a good terrier is spend alot of time with them.
Here is a pic of 3 of my terriers.
Casey is the one getting the sharp end of the coon.
Tine is the little white girl in the middle and ace is in the back.

HYSOL-coon-1.JPG

QEJBW-coon-4.JPG

Here is ellie with a belly full of pups from casey!!

LXUNV-DSCF1225.JPG

Here is one of my favs of casey!!

HNIVL-studd.JPG

Vargy

Back