Friend sent me pic of Timber Rattler Predator

peterjc

I guess you can call him a predator. A friend of mine sent me this last year sometime. Said he was 52 inches long Timber Rattler and when he shot him a big rat fell out of the hole when he picked him up. Said he wasn't even digested. Just thought you would like to see this.

[image]
IMG_1053_0001.jpg
[/image]

I killed a western diamond back years ago.He was right at 6' long and 11 1/2" around.When I skinned him out,he had just eaten a full grown ground squirrel.I've also skinned out the females and had a belly full of babies in them.That snake had a nice color to it.take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Looks like one of those mountain black rattlers they have in the appalacias. Nice pic. Dont shoot em unless u have to.

I got a Pacific Rattlesnake on our old place that measured 52". That is a big snake for our area. I hate those things. Interesting photo.

Quote:
Looks like one of those mountain black rattlers they have in the appalacias. Nice pic. Dont shoot em unless u have to.

Think about it...snakes get a bad rap. They are very good creatures. They eat lots of rodents just as the one in the photo. I don't know anyone who has been bitten by one. I leave them be.

I got bit by one a few years ago and it hurts like heck. Taught me a lesson about picking up rattle snakes. On the original subject, I did get a prarie rattler one time with a prarie dog inside it. You could really see the lump where the dog was.

Well,I know someone who was bitten by one.My aunt was working in the fields and was bitten bad enough she almost died.Wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

Snakes don't go lookin for trouble, most people that are bit are definetly wrong place wrong time or they go lookin for trouble by messin with them. With that said I don't care for them much and give them a wide berth. The good thing they have going for them is they like rats and I hate rats more than anything. Tim

Back