If your sick of the Pa. game commission tramping on your rights.....

You bet I signed the petition.
Thanks for starting this topic for sure. For anybody that thinks the Pennsylvania Game Commission is fair, copy and paste the link provided by jughead39.
I knew they were a pain but I never knew they did so many things against the law and humanity. :eek:
Two-0-four

they are way out of control and need stopped! i could tell you things they have done that you just would not believe! FOR EX... A friend of mine was sitting on a hillside hunting, the local "deputy warden" walks up and asked to check his license, he complies and the warden begins checking and says to my friend, you know i could arrest you right now, my friend says, for what? did i forget to sign them or something?, the game warden says no but you have on here that your hair is black and its gray. OR how bout this one... Another person i know (very good church going person) was hunting with his 2 boys on his own property in deer season this year, they are leaving the woods when a warden pulls in and arrests all three of them for hunting over bait! , there was a turkey feeder in the same woods that hasnt been used in several years and had no bait whatsoever in it at the time or long before either, so they take it to court, toward the end of the hearing the judge asks the warden how he knew there was ever any feed in the feeder , the warden replies, because i seen a deer cross the road exiting thier property with a corn cob in its mouth!!!!! do you believe this ****?? so they were found guilty, ok now here is my story of what happened to me this september,,, My neighbor comes to my door and asks me if i want to go see a bear that his son just hit with a car, so i say ya sure, we go and are looking at the bear and my neighbor (who i will call chip) says, id like to have something done with it (mount or rug whatever) so i tell him, take it to your house, call the game commission cause i know they sometimes give out permits for this, so he loads the bear takes it home calls the game commission and they tell him that yes he could keep the bear and at worse case he may have to pay 100 dollars for the permit , so he says ok np with that, he calls the local taxadermist to see what to do to preserve it, we look at the bear just a few minutes then i walk back to my house, wasnt 5 minutes later he calls me on the phone and says, there is a deputy coming to take the bear, i said what??? i said do you want me to come over, he says ya come on over, i walk over and tell chip i said, i wouldnt give him the bear untill you speak to the local warden (he was just a deputy) , so the deputy who i will call (*******) now tells me more less to shut up and that i didnt know the laws, well a brief argument occured and i found myself losing my cool so i said ,chip im going back to my house , and i repeated that i would not give the bear up till he talks to the local warden.Well a month later they mail me a 800 dollar fine for interfering with an officer, i plead not guilty and on the advice of 2 local lawyers took it to the magistrate without a lawyer(the lawyers i spoke to must have just got done golfing with the wardens) well at the hearing ******* testified that i had my fist up chasing him around the yard like Ali asking him to fight ! ya thats right ******* lied through his teeth, and my only witness (chip) they made go out in the hall at the very beginning of the hearing. S o needless to say i called a lawyer from out of town and currently thinking of an appeal

ya i know i guy that process deer,he had a guy bring in an 8 point the deer had gang green
he calls the office the told the guy that they would only replace the tag if he gave them the deer,he says okay but i want the horns but for some reason they needed the horns too,must be able to sell them or something.

also last year my neighbor was hunting with a minor they ended up seing a 4 pt it was already shot so the guy tells the kid to shoot it
but the kid couldnt see it so it was getting ready to try and run so he takes the gun and shoots it the kid tagged it turns out it had a diseas they call up the pgc they come out and ask all the questions anyway the kid sanpa and tells
him my neighbor shot it,my neighbor ended up getting over 700 dollars in fines plus a lose of hunting privliges for a year. that deer would have died any ways it was that sick,i would have done the same thing.

rockey, hey im real close to you im in reynoldsville. and yes if you report a bad deer, or even a road kill with horns they wont let you keep the horns, they sell them! kinda cool ha? a deer hits your vehicle which causes damage for the insurance companies to pay (and most people end up paying some kinda deductable) not to mention the inconvienience of waiting for repairs, injuries, etc etc , and the game commission is permitted to take the deer/ bear/ whatever, and profit from it!!!! gotta love it!

Hey guys; Sounds like you are dealing with a HEARTLESS warden! Ha Ha Ha. If you know what I mean. I'm from over around Punxsy. They sure are a Heartless bunch aren't they,LOL. I havn't had the priv. of a confrontation yet but I know several people who have. With what they have done to deer hunting in Pa. they are sure to be extinct themselves. No deer, No need for gung-ho ticket happy looser deputy wardens. Well take careand watch those heartless wardens. Rodger that?

Hello
I know of a case where they tried to set-up a Butcher for accepting UNTAGGED deer for Processing. Undercover Game Commission people Dropped off some Untagged deer ( during the busiest time ) for him to Process. They came back later with all the warrants typed up.( about 3500 in fines ). Went to Court, in the Game Commission's own Code book they had, it DOES NOT use the word Butcher or Processer.Everything Reads ( The Hunter ) The judge DISMISSED ALL Charges. Apparently the Game commission has a Task force that Travels around the state doing this.

cool rocky im 1 mile west of sykesville! in prescottville. and lmao dogwood i know exatcly what you mean about the "HEARTLESS" wardens, however "it" is not my problem, my problem has been with a real SPUCKhead (if you catch my drift?)lol. ha cool dave 1 for the goodguys, i say!!! I go see my lawyer in clarion tomarrow about my apeal

im from the same area around DuBois and i havent has the priv. of talking to any "Heartless" wardens but i know people who have and its never a pretty picture for them.haha

PGC uses gustoppo tactics so watch out haha

yes rocky they extended doe season for lehigh,bucks,montgomery, chester and berks county, lol the hunters are gonna love that, since they prtested the last meating the PGC had concerning the doe season, the hunters are mad because the deer population is so bad and even are threatening to boycot 2005 hunting license, so what does the game commission do about it?? lol the extend doe season just to rub the hunters nose in it! lol should be interesting to see how this plays out, my vote is for every hunter in the state of Pa.to boycot hunting license just for 1 year , just long enough to put the game commission in bankruptcy! F.T.P.G.C.

id be up for that,i seen 4 bucks in the rifle season but not 1 was legal.it took me to the first week of flintlock season to see a legal buck
it was a 5 pt half rack, being the great shot that i am with that damn gun i hit it in the meaty part of the leg,got the power belt though,
just stop bleeding,out of the same tree i shot 2 shots the last saturday missed the first 1 and reloded sat back down andlooked up and 12 deer were looking right at me put the bead on the biggest 1 shoulder andshe went 10 yds.

Now guys i agree the game commissio0n tends to put the screws to alot of people, including a good friend of mine, but you have to realize, if the PGC goes bankrupt, the Pa Audobon, who are the ones pushing for the extended doe season, are the ones who take over.. Just something to think about before you boycott.

Perhaps a better idea would be for the Hunters would be, just don't shoot any doe's in the future.If you think about the Hunters are the ones that actually reduced the deer herd .Next year buy as many doe tags as possible and not use them , this will increase the herd .

i agree with the hunters buying doe license and burning them, but sry guys I can live without the game commission and the way they go about thier duties, when our government put the game commission together it was to regulate the deer population and other game, Im sure they never intended on hiring a bunch of overgrown eagle scouts to drive around citing hunters for every petty azz thing they possibly can, for some reason i just dont see how citing someone for, arguing with a game warden, having gray hair, not enough orange,etc, etc, etc, etc, etc has a dam thing to do with the deer population. F.T.P.G.C.

i would go a year without shooting a doe but i live around the black hats and if it looks like a deer they unload,this past season my amish neighbors didn't shoot a doe over 75 ibs.that is really selfish if you ask me.although i would rather just not buy liscense for a year

Back