eye color

RED! Every animals eyes are red, with a red filter on. Even in white all animals eyes seems to be the same. I could be wrong, but I think that is an old wives tail that animals have different colored eyes at night. But I have been wrong in the past. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I hunt with a 6 volt coon hunting light that is rechargeable and it has a rheostat so you can turn the light down on a lower setting it lasts a long time on the lower setting it doesn't seem like enough light but you will be surprised at how those eyes light up so your light might work fine if you have a dog take him or her outside at night and see how far you can see him this will tell you how much light you need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif it may look black but the eyes shine back

i have to disagree on all eyes are the same. Under a white light you can shine deer in a field a doe's eyes will look a blue color under the light and a bucks eyes will look red. a coons eyes are red,

Here....ill try to explain this the best i can...

Dogs and many predators have more rods in their eyes, while humans have more cones....rods are kinda like light "picker-uppers" and enable the animal to see very well in low light situations, however the lack of cones in the predator's eye limits the range of color the animal sees.....

look at it like this, this is why i think they are green and red color blind....

the reason YOU see the color of any object is because THAT wavelength of THAT color bounces off of the surface of the object....for exapmle, u see a BLUE ball....the ball is blue because the blue wavelengths (comming from some sorce of white ligth...the sun, a white light bulb) are not absorbs on the balls surfare.... THEREFORE..the blue wavelengths are reflected, and u see blue

coyotes are said to have a green and red color blindness....HENCE, when u shine on a coyotes' eyes (with a white light) they shine green, because they do not pick up the green wavelength, it just relflex off their eye's and enable u to see they green color.....same with a red light...the reason why u can see the eyes so well with a red light is because MOST of the light is red, and they reflect off MORE light for u to see....

...hope that kinda helped....lemme know if i need to elaborate on any part....

Seth

Back