#2 leghold

bghunter119

Can anyone tell me what a #2 leghold is used for/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif, i have trapped very little and only used snares, there is a guy who has some for sale at $5 a piece around here, thanks for your help Bghunter119

Not too sure about longspring traps but a #2 coilsping would hold anything up to coyote. It would most likely be a little too strong for coons and smaller animals and you may get alot of chew outs.

Good for cats or coyotes. A little big for fox but will still work. If they are Victors be carefull if they are low levers. I have heard that they don't hold a coyote or cat very well.

bghunter it is a foothold, NOT a leghold. good for yotes and cats like has been said. I switch to #2's for fox once I start trapping in deep snow because the jaws come better than a smaller trap.

6 are Victor long spring and 3 are Hawley & Norton long spring, this is what he has, are these good ones, i dont want to buy something i wont be happy with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

If you are new to trapping I would pass on the longsprings and stick to coilsprings. Longsprings have caught A ton of fur but for new trappers the coils are the best choice in my opinion....Gity2

Back