Anybody have a Tikka T3 Laminated Stainless?

Moe

Was checking out the Tikka website the other day and I like the looks of the T3 Laminated Stainless.

Was wondering if anybody has one and how they like the appearance of it?

I don't have one but I really want one! I handles a few ones at the local sporting goods store and they fell great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I'm just not sure what caliber I want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I really want one as well. I think I want one in a .243 possibly topped with a Nikon BuckMasters 4.5-14x40 silver finish. Already planning my new rig /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Unfortunately the only nearby gun shop doesn't have any in stock, so all I can see is what I can from the site.

If it's anything like my Tikka T3 it will be a Tack drivin' son of a gun.

And you will be happy with, I guarantee it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

But mine has a luppy mark 4 on top. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I have a T-3 laminate stainless in 25-06 Remington. The gray stock looks about the same as the other brands of laminated stocks.

I Have the Tikka "hunter ' model in .223 Rem and love it. You can't go wrong with a Tikka.
Good choice. Happy shooting, Emilio, Pico Rivera, Ca.

I have a Tikka M695, in stainless/laminate, in .25-06 Rem.
I am going to put in my will that I want that rifle buried
with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have one T-3, in blued/synthetic, that
came to me in a NIB deal I just could not pass up. If I
was looking for a particular Tikka T-3 today, and it was
available in stainless/laminate, that would be my choice.
This stock and finish is a great all weather combination.
Actually the last blued rifle I purchased was that Tikka
T-3. Since that rifle purchase, all of my rifle purchases
have been stainless/synthetic. Which isn't a bad choice
either. Since all of my rifles are workers, not lookers,
if I want wood, then it is a gray laminate. I am looking
hard a Boyd's Laminate Thumbhole Varminter, to replace a
synthetic that is not tripping my trigger on a Howa
Stainless Varminter, at this very moment. Stainless rifles,
in laminate stocks, are both "purdy", and functional,
for wet weather hunting.

Squeeze

I have a bunch of Tikkas, all mine are lite, synthetics, I have handled and shot the laminated, they are pretty, but I prefer the balance of the synthetic. I will confess to having no use what ever for wood stock rifles. I dont even own one that is a shooter, all my wood guns are safe queens.
Carl

I have 2 Tikka T3 LS in 270WSM. One is the wife's-she took this one over so I bought another for me. I waited an extra year for Tikka when I found out they were going to have the LS version out. I ordered both in and got the firsdt one in late September 2004. I picked up the other one in December 2004. I dont like the lite model, sounds too hollow to me.

Once I get my pics resized, I'll post them.

My wife's rifle has a silver Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 BC reticle with stainless Optilok rings & bases. My rifle has a matte black Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 BC reticle with stainless Optilok rings & bases.

I do have a new Leupold VX3 3.5-1-x40 scope in gunmetal grey for a project rifle I would like to do in the future with a Sako m75 Grey Wolf.

Quote:

Once I get my pics resized, I'll post them.

My wife's rifle has a silver Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 BC reticle with stainless Optilok rings & bases. My rifle has a matte black Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 BC reticle with stainless Optilok rings & bases.

Please do. I would really like to see the pics especially mounted with the silver finish scopes. Thanks for the replies.

Here's mine, a .270, excellent gun, a bit more weight than the synthetic but i think it feels/balances better than the synthetic(i had a .243 in synthetic fyi).

198310752.jpg

198310763.jpg

That was a group shot with factory fusion 130 grain ammo on its first day to the range...i usually don't shoot that well but the gun is plenty capable. Very happy with this rig.

As a matter of fact i finally found the 5 round magazine in stock and picked it up today...it cycles so slick you can really rip them off quick at them runnin coyotes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

B

Last edited:
Here you go Moe, pics of my 2 Tikka T3 LS rifles. Just use the link I posted to another site where I had the pics posted already...easier than reducing the size right now. Hope this helps in your decision. If you go silver scope...seriously look at the Leupold VX3 in the gunmetal grey for the LS stock. Canadian Gunnutz

Here is another with a pic of my wife and I with her moose this season. Just scroll down abit oneach link to see the pics.

Canadian Gunnutz

Nice pic Blakeinator.

Okay, can't let you win the cool 'laminate stainless pic' without a fight Mighty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's my first, and only blood on it so far...wasn't really expecting to run into this and i didn't hold far enough behind the shoulder so there is quite abit of stitching to do once this one come back from the tanners...oh well(the pic shows the entrance side...the other side has a perdy big hole in it...dang bone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif). Nice female and it was one heck of a way to start the new year....shot her this new years day btw.

218215523.jpg

It looks different now as i've got the 5 round mag in it and i've added a beartooth neoprene camo sleeve on the barrel...and i hunt with the longest harris bi-pod now too. But right now have a bit of a love affair going with my cz american in .204 as i'm trying to get a few coyotes tanned up for some family members who want some so gonna give the .270 a break for a bit(as its a tad tough on the fur /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). Might be awhile before i can post more pics with it.

B

p.s. folks, as you can see the laminate stainless is almost the perfect western camo...i still find the barrel a tad shiny for the predator stuff thats why i've since added the barrel sleeve but thats all it needs....that leupy silver scope would be to bright for the predator stuff imo but looks slick and plenty good for the big game....you can hardly see the rifle with the wife's camo background...but you'll notice the barrel and the scope forsure...and on mine the barrel sticks out...if you go back and check the pics for 'what stands out'...

Last edited:
Good job there Blakeinator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I ve been too busy to go out this year so far.

Here is are a few pics for Moe and everyone of a Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless in 22-250 custom paint and barrel fluted. I had a chance to buy this last year and passed, now regret it, but my project rifle for predators will be close to the same except it wil be in Realtree Winter Hardwoods.

mvm6nb.jpg

mvmas6.jpg

mvmb8p.jpg

Quote:
Here you go Moe, pics of my 2 Tikka T3 LS rifles. Just use the link I posted to another site where I had the pics posted already...easier than reducing the size right now. Hope this helps in your decision. If you go silver scope...seriously look at the Leupold VX3 in the gunmetal grey for the LS stock. Canadian Gunnutz

Here is another with a pic of my wife and I with her moose this season. Just scroll down abit oneach link to see the pics.

I need a login to see those pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Can you email them to me or is there any other way for me to view them?

Thanks for posting the pics guys. All of them look great. I think Im sold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sorry about that Moe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I sent you a PM

Ok Blakeinator, I'll take that, as you really should be in the lead with at least one down for this season. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Back