New AR Mount

SteveM

Moderator - Deceased
For all you guys that have carry handles, Brownell's has introduced their Picty style base-mount. This is pictured on my son's Colt HBAR and I have tried it on a few different uppers and it seem to fit very well. It is extended length over my ARMS type and has an opening for use with iron sights as well.

MVC-008S.jpg

I can't say I'm excited about the way it looks, seems like it can be knocked sideways very easily, I hope it's stronger than it looks, is it?

Buzz

The thumb screw holds it in place and not seen any side movement as it fits the groove inside the carry handle. The only way you can knock it sideways is to tear up your carry handle. This is the same principle as a ARMS mount. I have used them for over 20 yrs and not had a problem. This mount extends you out farther than an ARMS.

Steve,

Any chance you can post a photo that shows the opening that allows the use of open sights? Also, I'm assuming that the open sights would be used with the scope attached somehow.

GrouseSetter

Karl, it should fit all carry handle models. There is a hole through the center of the mount for use of iron sights.

Howard, I believe the Weaver ring has a smaller size flat than the Pict. However, if you slide the Weaver rings forward in the slot until they are flush with the front of the Pict. slot, they should work.

Quote:
Howard, I believe the Weaver ring has a smaller size flat than the Pict. However, if you slide the Weaver rings forward in the slot until they are flush with the front of the Pict. slot, they should work.

Steve,
I guess the flat is the cross bolt? if it is and is smaller than the slot wouldn't it wiggle due to the space between the rear of the flat and the slot?

Howard, that is possible but push the ring forward against the slot and tighten tight. With very little recoil of the AR it should hold. If not, you will have to buy different rings. I would try yours first.

Back