Bobcat Rug

wookalark

Is there a good book I can buy on trying to make a bobcat rug. I've never even skined a predator. Is this going to be complicated? Can a never skined nucklehead like me do this or should I leave this to a pro? It would be cool to make a rug to hang on the wall that you killed yourself.

You should be able to search online and find tips on how to skin furbearers. I'm not sure what's out there on making rugs, but personally, I would seek a professional taxidermist to do the rug, especially if this is your first attempt at anything like this. Your going to want it to come out nice and it would be disappointing if you have problems with skinning, tanning, or other steps in the process. After bringing the cat to a reputable taxidermist, you may want to practice skinning, tanning, etc. on other species in order to develop the skills necessary to do future rugs on your own. Just my 2 cents on what I would do.

Thanks for the info.I just want to get more involved in the whole process. I've taken several bobcat and gave them away because I didn't know what to do with them. I'm going all out on predator hunting and want to start making my calls and taking care of my own kills. So any of you predator vet's that can help out I will always be in debt to you. This forum P.M. has been what I've been looking for quite a while. Who ever is responsibile for this site, I just want to say think you.

Back