.22lr supressor/silencer - Home-Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungBuck

Alright i know it may not be legal, and I AM NOT actually gonna do this, but i was just wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a ruger 10/22 quieter. I know you can use subsonic rounds, but i wonder if there is any way to quiet it with high velocity loads. Also, can you still use a scope with this contraption? If anyone has done this let us know, show some pictures if you have any.

-I know you can buy these for ruger 10/22, but can you make home-made ones?

Thanks

You are asking for trouble in posting this request, and you are asking folks who may have experimented with these devices to jam themselves up. If you want to make a home made device, get the paperwork from BATF and go thru legal channels. Don't get caught screwing around or you'll probably find yourself in jail......

Just for added information, we are allowed to hunt with supressed firearms here in Pa., BUT, all BATF rules and regulations still apply.....you gotta go thru channels, pay your $200.00 transfer fee and other fees if applicable, and get it done right. Then, you have NO worries......

I am just a curous kid ^^. I would never make one, i know they are bad news. I was just wondering if anyone ever has.

Well...you posted this question in "Firearms & Reloading", and now here......where you going to post it next?

And if you're a "curious kid" as you say, then WHY AREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL?

They can be made, yes. But if Uncle Sam does'nt get his cut, you'll get an all expense paid trip to prison and have a new best friend to boot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I went to a organized shoot a week ago. Somebody had a home made can done legally. Half the people at this shoot had cans. It can be done but don't mess with the gov't.

+1 and it also brings attention to the forum as well.please think about questions like this before you post them.if someone was dumb enuff to anwser this question it would jeopardize the forum.there is a lot of good info here and we have no problem helping just stick to the legal stuff.we have a hard enough time has it is keeping our hunting rights.dont give them any thing to flame the fire not to mention it would really pi$$ off a lot of folks if they shut down this forum because of a question that was asked.

This is a lot of BS over nothing!!

Silencers, suppressors, moderators are legal in the United States.. There are some states that regulate them but for the most part they are legal nationwide.

You DO NOT need a Class 2 manufacturers license (like me) to built one. You also don't need a 07 manufacturers FFL (like me) You only need to fill out the proper paperwork and send it to ATF with a check for $200.00 after they run a check on you and you are ok, they will approve it and send you a copy of the paperwork and it will have a 200 dollar stamp on it. At that time you can build the suppressor.

Look at that Dan, we have the same number of posts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Where's the B.S. Just about Everything is legal as long as your willing to pay to play. Just like I said in my previuos post, it's legal, you just have to pay for uncle sams blessing. The shoot I mentioned, the guy made his out of a Maglite body. Kind of ugly but effective. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

YoungBuck,you are not planning to make one and bring it to school are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Quote:

You DO NOT need a Class 2 manufacturers license (like me) to built one. You also don't need a 07 manufacturers FFL (like me) You only need to fill out the proper paperwork and send it to ATF with a check for $200.00 after they run a check on you and you are ok, they will approve it and send you a copy of the paperwork and it will have a 200 dollar stamp on it. At that time you can build the suppressor.

Dan,

It is NOT B.S. when someone (Especially a kid) starts typing around about these things.

Im sure no-body here disputes your credentials or your knowlege about these items but.........!!

These days are different and when you start asking the wrong questions your looking for trouble. Im not a paronoid person per-say but I KNOW certain phrase's and combination's of phrase's can be noticed by people, misconstrued or not when the internet is WIDE OPEN to servailence.

Point; I typed in the name of an outfitter I recently used here on P.M. Now if you do a search (Say Google) its one of the first hits you get!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Bringing you directly to this site.

Dont give a kid any ideas ........ Thats All!

Grunter, I understand where you're coming from. But....

I feel its better to give direct answers to those questions and not a knee jerk response. The facts are not that hard to deal with. Machine guns and suppressors as well as short barreled rifles and shotguns are legal as long Uncle Sam knows who has them. I, as well as, others can tell you, you are better off with a scoped deer rifle in a firefight than a MG. Nevertheless, NFA weapons are LEGAL, and can, and should be discussed in the open. They are not the weapon of choice for and illegal activities I know of.

YB;

I'm believing that you are a curious kid about as much as I believe that Hillary Klinton is not anti-gun...

Either you're dumb enough to post that and get yourself in trouble, or your trying to get someone else in very deep, hot water with by trolling for an answer. The latter may be either knowingly, or unwittingly.

Either way, your question has been answered. Pay the fee, figure it out, but soliciting such information on a public website is just plain stupid.

Quote:
Grunter, I understand where you're coming from. But....

I feel its better to give direct answers to those questions and not a knee jerk response. The facts are not that hard to deal with. Machine guns and suppressors as well as short barreled rifles and shotguns are legal as long Uncle Sam knows who has them. I, as well as, others can tell you, you are better off with a scoped deer rifle in a firefight than a MG. Nevertheless, NFA weapons are LEGAL, and can, and should be discussed in the open. They are not the weapon of choice for and illegal activities I know of.

I agree with Dan. The kid asked a simple, legal, question. Is it not better for him to ask it here, among friends, and get the straight scoop from someone, who knows exactly what they are talking about, like Dan than to go off and maybe experiment with his buds or get some rogue advice from some goober elsewhere?

Quote:
This is a lot of BS over nothing!!

Silencers, suppressors, moderators are legal in the United States.. There are some states that regulate them but for the most part they are legal nationwide.

I don't think anyone was reacting funny. Just telling him like it is. I just thought it was kind of strange that he asked if anyone had any pictures to let "us" know. Is he twins, was it a Freudian slip, or just a typo screwup? He got the straight scoop, that's all.....

Msmith,

Duely noted! Perhaps im being a little over the edge with my comments but in NY these things are strickly taboo. Just dont want to see something innocent turn sour, thats all. Those who wish to give him tips are free to do so. Considering I dont know who he is or actually how old he is I will pass.

Dave

This thread is not appropriate for this forum and will be locked.. It isn't going anywhere and if any others have anything to add they can do it in the thread in the Firearms forum..

Youngbuck..I will say this also.. In the TOS that you were supposed to read before you joined, it told you not to cross post in different forums..

What that means is you don't post the same question in multiple forums.

Pick the most appropriate forum and post the comment or question there.. Thanks......James L..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back