Where can you get MP3 downloads for free???

dogs_that_howl

I love this forum!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I cant turn it off.

Where can you get MP3 downloads for free?

I got some from Varmint Al's site. I might need more though.I am going to Arizona in a few weeks and want to be ready for whatever comes within ear shot of my homemade caller that I got instruction to build from this awesome forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks for all of the info!!!!

go to western rivers site tons of free downloads.. great sounds... make sure you get the grey fox pup distress had a lot of luck with it....

I put together some good sounding crow sequences from crow sounds downloaded from findsounds.com and mixed them up on Audacity. There are some very quiet and clear sounds there but you have to go thru a bunch to find them. But well worth the time! Andy

Yes,
Definately go to western rivers site, they have some good sounds. One of them is a WT sound (moose bull call 2), which is actually renamed from WT's Moose Cow Aggressive sound.

In my more than five years of scraping the web for predator-calling sounds, I have yet to find an actual dying rabbit scream for free that was any good, that wasn't also cadged from one copyrighted source or another.

Another thing worth mentioning for the umpteenth time is that Findsounds.com has been kicking around on the web in it's original form since the mid-90's. In fact, it precedes the .mp3 standard, doesn't search for them. Also has a max clip size of 2MB. Result is that a majority of the the .wav and .aiff and .au files it still finds also date from this era (presumably still cryogenically frozen in time on some creaky old dedicated server somewhere). Often they're highly compromised through resampling at a lower bit and frequency sampling rates to work with a 9600 or 14.4K baud dialup modem.

So even if you did somehow stumble upon some lean, untainted and not freezer-burned purloin of rabbit, you'll get about eight seconds-or-less per sound-bite. The effort these cuts require to clean them up, flesh them out, and shape them into something resembling a virtual meal, hardly seems worth the hunt--particularly when a whole rabbit sound can much more easily be found packaged (as both .wav and .mp3) and added to your shopping cart for a mere $5 or less each.

LionHo

Back