coyote population map

creekhunter

I once seen on the internet a map showing a color coded map of the yote population of the u.s with all the states,but I can't remember where it was, just checking to see if you guys know where to find it..

I spent several minutes Googling the subject "Coyote Population Maps" and after perusing about 10 Google pages, could not find any reference to a US color map.. The MO Dept of Conservation had an article and there were numerous articles relevant to individual states and towns and their coyote population maps.

There was one article on the DNA tracking in the SE US that might be of interest to you since it involves your area.

If you could remember who produced the presentation, you might find it through them.

thanks for the help huntress..I'm helping my nephew with a school report and we picked the expanding range of the yote so that map will help alot..thanks

Interesting read, Huntress...thanks.

In my area. The local pairs tend to stay in a small focal area. Of 3-5 sq. miles. Also not the norm, is their den holes, face any direction. Not predominately, on the South slope.

Another note; The local Reds[few left anymore], tend to den on the high side of a road ditch fenceline. I suspect they don't want to get caught out in the middle of a section by the coyotes.

Years ago, the Reds denned around the 1/2 mile marker mostly in a 1-sq. mile section. Very rare anymore.

Back