Getting disgusted with my 170 scope mounted lightforce.

I did exactly what you did with the quick disconnects,i have it on my light cord and all my batteries.It's a sin that the the wall charger they sell you fit on a car battery,try getting them to stay on the prongs of the lightforce batteries,what a sad set up.What i did to my batteries was solder clips with the quick disconnect at the end.And the wall charger cut off the monster alligator clips and spliced a quick disconnect.it is ridicoulous the garbage craftmanship and thought and design that went into this light,if it works it does it's job,I'll take pics of all my mods when i learn to post pics,i think it will help alot of people,lightforce will probably give me a job when they see what i did.For over $200,yes,i have a right to put the lightforce down,i would not recommend it to anyone until it is totally redesigned,most likely it willstay the same as long as people keep buying it.It probably cost them $20 to make the light,Good luck,oiler.

Get in touch with the lighyforce company in Australia who makes them,the guy directly from lightforce said he was,yeah right.

OILER,
This is the response that I received from the COE in Australia, when I said I would call Australia and work to get this problem solved I was not just talking. You may not believe this but some people actually do what they say they are going to do. In my last post I gave you my contact phone number, if you think that I’m a liar call me before you slander my comment in a post.
Thank you
Brian Gearhart
Lightforce USA, Inc

Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:14 PM

Subject: RE: Please complaint re the wiring on Light Force lamps

Gentlemen,

This, along with the RMSM switches, is a hot issue with LFUSA, too.

First, we need to fix the problem from the manufacturing and vendor side ASAP.

After the fix is in place we need a plan to offer repair/replacement to users. This needs to include public postings on the web forums.

Andrew and Kerry,
Please put together your respective action plans for implementation ASAP.

Regards

Sorry if i slandered you,i apologize,why don't they stop selling them until they work on making a decent product.Everyone who is buying the 170's is having problems and some big ones.42 negative posts about a product does not seem to be to good of quality for over $200 bucks.

I am one of those that are disgusted as well with the 170 set up.I did call Brian today and asked about returning mine for a refund.No questions asked he said to send it back and would refund my $.Upon further discussion,he assured me this was a abnomally with these lights and had a new shipment arriving soon,and would repair or replace any defective lights.Not sure what I will do,I,d like to research the market more,even if everything works , my opinion is the light does not justify it's price tag,but what else is availible?-I do beleive Brian is willing to make a customer happy including a return or refund-thats about all one could ask for good customer service.

I wasn't happy with the setup of the 170 when I got it but I made it work for me. I did away with the cig plug altogether. I did attach the cig plug to one of the 2 pole connectors so I can use it in the truck if I want to.

I used a couple of the two pole connectors like the post above and put one at the light and one on the battery. I carry the battery in the front pocket of my vest. I velcro'd the wire to my turkey vest with my BPS mounted on my chest. I tape the mate plug to the battery and can switch batteries or detach from my gun/scope easily in the field or when I am getting ready.

I also broke down and used dikem on my lense. I also learned to use a hair dryer to dry the dikem and keep the finish smooth on the lense.

I can hold my scope on an animal while reaching down the stock to my chest to either switch the light to full power or turn it up/down with the dial.

The lightforce mount has to be adjusted a little bit and the connectors have to be snugged occasionally to prevent excess movement.

Back