CZ 527 Varmint- which rings for 50mm Objective?

BRADFORDcoHUNTER

I'm looking to see which of you has a CZ 527 and mounted a Mueller 50mm Objective on it. I already dislike the CZ mounting system, as I got some rings, but they won't clear the barrel without shimming the rings...even then, I can barely get a dollar bill between the objective and the barrel!

Now.. I see Millet & Burris offer low, med, and high rings for the CZ 527. My problem is I don't know what size my CZ rings are, because the package isn't marked with anything but the model gun they fit. I don't want to order more rings, only to find out they are the same height I already have. I can only go by pictures, and it SEEMS like I have medium rings. The millet high mounts SEEM taller and might do the trick...but aren't Millet rings kind of crappy?
What rings did you people use to get decent clearance from the barrel? I'd at least like enough clearance to be able to put a butler creek cap on the objective.

I've used several sets of Millet rings, the last holding an aimpoint 5000 to a Ruger Superredhawk 44 mag shooting full house loads. Never had a problem with them and like the fact they are windage adjustable compared to the Ruger rings.

I've got a CZ 527 Varmit in 204 ruger with the 25.5 inch bbl and wood stock. The rings that came with it carry an old Tasco 8 by 32 without any problems, but this is a long scope so the bell is down the barrel some.

I have a 527 in 221 fireball and I put Leoupold med rings on with a 42mm objective. Fit is perfect. The factory rings that came with mine were JUNK! Over 1/8 off of being lined up. They went straight into the trash.

The rings you got with the rifle should have been medium. I used mine with a 40mm Nikon and the bolt handle rubs. I plan on putting on a 44mm or 50mm this summer. I'll go with the High Burris rings and hope for the best.

Hmmm....My rifle didn't come with the mounts. I had to pay $70.00 for em. I also had the bolt rub the eye piece of the scope, but filed down and reblued the flat ramp of the bolt so it clears fine now. Guess I'll try the Millet high mounts, and re sight the rifle in.

I ordered Warne high rings becuase they told me the warne medium rings may work on the 50mm, but the high rings are what they reccomend. They should be at my house tomorrow, hopefully the new scope also.

Back