Red Light vs Green Light

titanium

Here is a question a real veteran may be able to answer.

I would like to know if there is a difference in using a green light rather than a red light.

I have 2 good headlamps called "ClipMate" and they have green led's. They are really good and the manufacturer says that the green color does not spook game. I know predators are color blind, but I do not know if they can see green light.

So, if I were to use a green instesd of a red headlamp, would I be messing up my setup for fox, coyote, and coon at night?

Thanks!

titanium (the screws and rods in my darned back)

Hmmm .... Red vs. Green?

I was hopping that somebody would have an answer for your Q!

No takers! Maybe you should try it!

Please report back in this forum!

Thanks in advance.

Mark

You got a taker lol. Years back we tried a few other kinds of colors besides Red. As I recall Blue, Green, amber, violet and maybe a couple more I can't think of. The problem with Blue and Green was seeing the gross hairs, it may have been the shades of the plastic we were using, to dark maybe. The best color was Red and the next best was Amber, violet worked ok but would not carry out as far in the darkness. That's the best answer I can give you lol, Good Luck

Being color blind myself, I can't tell the difference between a red light or a green light. Makes driving at night exciting.

I have "tried" a green light, but never felt like actually hunting with it. I just didn't like the effect, and that was it.

I agree with Danny, red is the all around best color, but for everything except coyotes, amber lights them up better. I actually prefer amber, but the coyotes actually prefer red. Case closed.

Good hunting. LB

Hello Camel23,
It is interesting that you are color blind.

What do you know about your color blindness?
Are you missing the same eye components that other species are when looking at color?

What did your doctor tell you it is from?

You must have a hard time seeing other hunters in the woods. Tell us what it is like to be color blind.

No offense, but it is interesting.

Thanks!

titanium

Back